Bored with food - lunch/snack suggestions?

Options
I am sooo bored with my usual lunches and snacks, and have found myself allowing more "treats" in my diet because I am not loving what I am fueling my body with. Does anyone want to share some snack and lunch ideas with me? Currently I eat lots of fresh fruit, and lunch is usually half a pita pocket with turkey and a bit of cheese, tomatoes etc.
I don't eat peanut butter, so that is totally out. ( I just mention that since most people seem to suggest it for some reason)

I would love some new ideas - what do you like to have for mid day snacks? What is your favorite lunch to have?
Thanks!

Replies

• SquidandWhale
    Options
    You should check out recipes from eatingwell.com--it's a great resource for well balanced meals/smacks.
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    What about sushi rolls ... or chicken & veggie rice rolls?

You might even want to mix it up a bit and sometimes take in some hommus & chopped up veggies with something like a boiled egg.

What about something a bit different like dolmades.

Here's a site with 10 lunch recipes for under 300cals
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Top-10-Recipes/Top-10-Recipes-for-300-Calorie-Lunches
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Avocado, mashed with hard boiled egg garlic red onion and black pepper on whole grain bread or a tortilla or just with a spoon

Greek yogurt plain.. add your own fruit it's healthier

Greek yogurt mixed with and avocado and used as a dip

red onion, tomato, lettuce, feta balsamic vinegar (can add turkey and/or nuts to this too)

cranberry sauce turkey LTO on a tortilla (or avocado instead of cranberry sauce)

Spring mix lettuce, feta, olives, tomatoes avocado

Pepperoncini's rolled up in Swiss and turkey held together with a olive laden toothpick

Vegetable fried rice with chicken

Spaghetti squash with tomatoes olives peppers broccoli feta and a little oil.

avocado + spoon

Or make your own protein pack (slice of high protein cheese (like white cheddar), grapes, high protein biscuit or bar, museli bread (or other multigrain bread) hard boiled egg, apples, greek yogurt fir dipping since you don't like peanut butter)

Shelled nuts + nut cracker

Loose granola (just check the labels some of it is very high in calories and sugar!)

Chicken breast baked plain + hot sauce (cut it up like popcorn chicken if you prefer. lol)
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas and links! I love Sushi, and eat it frequently.

I don't eat eggs or avocado, but I could definitely adapt some of those ideas. Off to check out those links - thank you!!