Any advice for looking better in a swim suit?

Options
This may sound ridiculous, but for me getting back into bikini shape after finishing up having my kids is an important goal of mine. I just want to feel powerful enough that if I want to be back into that shape than I could. It would really give me the confidence that I need to feel as if I could do anything. I already lost weight and am on my way but feel that I still need to tone up, lose some more belly fat and some weight in my buttocks (lower region). Any exercise tips that you can give me.....I think I have the diet part down since finding this site. :)

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I've lost the weight already but not ok with wearing a bikini so I've started weight training. Hopefully that'll fix it! :)
  • Sunlight2013
    Options
    What kind of weight training do you do? Is it in a gym or dvd?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Weight training and tankinis.

I also found walking with kids and pushing them on swings was great exercise.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    There is no exercise that WON'T help.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    For many women in similar positions, it is more or less a body composition issue. Heed the advice above and begin strength training. A great starting program can be found by reading the book, The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, as well as the Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    What kind of weight training do you do? Is it in a gym or dvd?

My trainer has started me on the weight machines and dumbells at the gym but I'm going to start Stronglifts 5x5 as soon as she thinks I'm ready.