Do you "count" fruit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    the only things I don't count are tea, herbs and spices (withour sugar) and small amounts of stuff like mustard and vinegar. I probably should, but I don't *kanye shrug*
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If you eat it or drink it, then count it....it's the only way to keep tracking on your eating and if you're really close to goal it matters even more!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    33514691.jpg
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yes, you count fruit. You don't count veggies (or at least that's what my nutritionist has said).

Sorry but your nutritionist is an idiot then & should stop practicing right now.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Yes, you count fruit. You don't count veggies (or at least that's what my nutritionist has said).

Sorry but your nutritionist is an idiot then & should stop practicing right now.

That is correct. You count veggies, fruits, everything. If your multi vitimins you take has calories then you count those as well. Everything.

Does your logging have to be 100% accurete? Of course not. I miss things from time to time like musterd, pickle, spices or little things like that. But it is not OK to intentionally not log something that you eat because you think it should not count.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree. Count everything
  • Bwandls
    Bwandls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know about counting veggies...

I mean, if you're some intense hard-body who is a total weightloss natzi, then yeah, count everything. But I find I don't want to limit my veggie intake because of calories, with the exception of high cal starchy veggies like beans and potatoes, corn and ex. But I'll eat as many boiled beets, okra, string beans and cucumbers as I want... no worries.

That's probs what her nutritionalist meant.

BUT, at the same time, you should count them if you're some sort of food fiend whose able to consume several hundred calories worth of lettuce or something, I guess (sarcasm, people).
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Count everything if its got calories, and most fruit has calories, some more than a negligible amount. I count it. The only thing I estimate are things like lettuce, because a difference of 5 cals isn't going to make a difference. I still count veggies, because I want an idea of the nutrients I took in that day.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, a calorie to me is a calorie to you. So yes I'd agree with "count everything". Especially fruits because they're primarily sugars which are carbs - so this is important if you're on a low carb diet.

Imagine eating bananas or honey dews or oranges all day and not counting them. That's a lot of simple sugars aka carbs.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Count EVERYTHING! :drinker:
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Count, no question
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You gotta avoid "cheats" like that. Even if its tempting to think that youll burn more calories eating those foods, all that will happen in the end is that youll sabotage your own weight loss. It also adds an unnecessary layer of complication to your diet. Just stick with the standard calorie counting, dont try to cheat it, it wont work!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Yes, it contains carbs and sugar.

Oh and calories.
  • dcuevas6235
    Options
    You gotta count everything.

Plus, eating fruits and veggies automatically makes you better than everyone ; )
  • levicrouch
    Options
    500 calories for a pineapple seems too high to me. I checked 2 other sites and came up with 78-83 calories per cup of raw diced pineapple. I have only been able to get 3 cups out of a whole pineapple (once the edible fruit has been cut away) which works out to 234-249.