Depression at its worst

Options
I lost a family member these past 2 weeks ago and since, depression has drained me dry of energy, I had to go all the way down south of Texas to a small town where the food is beyond god awful (especially the so-called cooked meats). Therefore, I turned to a lot of junk food. My belly is grotesque as ever, so is my self-esteem. I need to lose 25-30 pounds. Does anyone else? I need a support group or more support friends. Its too hard being without my family member to encourage me.
Please respond....

Replies

• erika0430
    Options
    Im sorry you lost your family member! You should force yourself to get out go for a walk around the block! Sometimes forcing youself to get out is worth it! Maybe an antidepressant or energy metabolism booster could help get you going! I know I have been there and I joined a gym and just do me
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.

At hard as it may seem working out will definitely help you come out of the depression. It will get the endorphins going and make you feel better physically. Also it will give you a sense of purpose which can sometimes be hard to see when you're depressed.

I have been hospitalized twice due to depression and exercise was one of the big things that brought me out of it. That and the meds. However, you dont need to immediately jump to meds it is normal to be depressed after losing someone.