Do I need to workout every single day?

Options
I am on a 1250 Calories/day diet and I try to work out 3 times a week for 30-45 min. Do I need to workout every single day?

Replies

• 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    No. What kind of exercise do you prefer?
  • Thatslimgal84
    Options
    Weight training/Strength training and cardio with body weight.. the thing is I sprained my neck today and I do not want to exercise. But I am worried about my weekly weigh in on Saturday!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    If you are doing weight training you need to give your body time to recover. Your muscle is strengthened while it is repairing, not when it is being worked - so adequate rest is essential.

If you are sore or injured, take the day off, get treatment if needed, and back to the gym when you feel better. Light exercise like going for a walk or on a bike is great if you want to do something that isn't going to compromise your recovery.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You only really NEED to work out every day if you eat way too many calories every day.
    Like if you eat 2000 every day in stead of 1250.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    No. 3 workouts per week is fine.And unless you're 5'2" and 115 pounds you probably should be netting more than 1250 cals per day too.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I workout every day. Depends on the person I guess. I HAVE to workout every day or I just will find an excuse not to.
  • _mrsgigi_
    _mrsgigi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i ususally take a day or 2 off a week for rest, and i have been dropping the weight. your body needs time to rest.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think it's good to do something active every day. whether that be what you call exercise or taking a leisurely walk around the park.
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    If you are hurt give yourself a min. Drink water, avoid too much sodium, and you'll be fine on weigh in day. Depending on your intensity, a few days off may actually reduce water retention.

Lifting 3xweek, cardio4-6xweek seems to work for most people, but unless you are training for a specific event I wouldn't work out seven days a week.
  • Thatslimgal84
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Thatslimgal84
    Options
    Is it normal to urinate a lot with a high protein diet? i have seen that I urinate a lot these days.. i am kinda worried..
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    no
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Is it normal to urinate a lot with a high protein diet? i have seen that I urinate a lot these days.. i am kinda worried..

That would be more likely due to your water intake.
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome responses, I learned a lot ! Thank you ~:smile: