Muscle or lump? For ladies

I noticed tonight that I have a bump above my right boob near my armpit on my chest. Is it muscle?? I don't really feel it on my left side so I'm not sure if I should be worried? How can you tell the difference? I had a mammo last year and it was fine.

Replies

• verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    If you had a mammogram recently, I'm guessing you have preventative care insurance?

Just go in and have it checked out. It could be any number of things from "your sports bra fits funny and pinched you" to a muscle issue, to a pimple (I recently freaked out over a "lump" between my breasts which turned out to be a zit. Never gotten one anywhere but my face before, need a new body scrub I guess.) But this way, you'll KNOW and won't need to worry.
  • I would agree to have it checked out just in case.

Buuuut If you JUST noticed it I dont think its the c-word or anything scary!!

Just sounds like excess fluids.

Drink lemon water (REAL lemon) to help the muscle drain the acids and some acetaminophen to reduce muscle swelling

-BB
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    It could be a lymph node if it's near the arm pit, but probably should be checked out.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Have you recently pulled a muscle in that area? Are you sick? Did your dog jump on you causing a whelp? (j/k)

If it doesn't go away in a day or 2, I would definitely get it checked out just in case.
  • echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks everyone...went to get it checked out and DR thinks it's fatty tissue or a lymph node issue. Need to do an ultrasound next week just to make sure it's nothing serious. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Thanks everyone...went to get it checked out and DR thinks it's fatty tissue or a lymph node issue. Need to do an ultrasound next week just to make sure it's nothing serious. :)

Glad you got it checked out. I got an ultrasound recently too - mine was nothing serious. I think they should still give you the photo like when you go in for a baby ultrasound. :laugh: Then you can post it on FB - here's my boob!