High Protein, Easy Snacks?

Options
I've been really under where I should be for protein. As much as 20 UNDER.
I was wondering if anyone had some high protein snacks ideas that are really simple?

Replies

• TransomBob
    TransomBob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink liquid egg whites when I want to only boost my protein levels.
    http://www.goldenvalley.com/products/liquideggs-lrg.jpg

The taste isn't gross (for me at least) and its a very easy way to reach your protein levels without influencing much else.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese on crackers, string cheese, crab sticks, slice of ham, nuts, roast soy beans or garbanzos
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Go to bodybuilding.com and look up the recipe for Jamie Eason's turkey muffins. They are really good with lots of protein. I normally make a batch of 12 (each one using the brands that I purchase has about 115 calories and it very high in protein) and put them in a container in the fridge. I'll have one for a snack with some salsa and cheese, or I'll dip it in something like honey mustard. Since I make 12 at a time, they last me nearly 2 weeks.
  • spursfatboy
    Options
    beef jerky for a quick on the go fix
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Scarf a hard boiled egg and some white cheddar...

Or stick peanut butter on a multi grain cracker or apple

ham is high in protein too.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, hardboiled egg, greek yogurt...sometimes i will dip a cheese stick in hummus. I will blend chocolate protein powder with unsweetened almond milk and ice. Add some strawberries to that and its a pretty good approximation of a milkshake
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Cottage cheese is lower in protein then most cheeses.. 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese has 7 grams of protein in it.. Cheddar is up there too.

Here's a list..
    http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/36-cheeses-highest-in-protein.php#Lf5H66hcmimUtl4W.01
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is lower in protein then most cheeses.. 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese has 7 grams of protein in it.. Cheddar is up there too.

Here's a list..
    http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/36-cheeses-highest-in-protein.php#Lf5H66hcmimUtl4W.01

That's because of the moisture content of cottage cheese. go calorie per calorie, you'll see that you get WAY more bang from your caloric buck from cottage cheese.

14 grams of protein from cottage cheese will cost you 80 calories
    14 grams of protein from cheddar cheese will cost you 226 calories.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I can't eat cottage cheese.. it grosses me out.. lol..
    but that's good to know.
  • Gward77
    Options
    Whole almonds pack a lot of protein and make a very simple morning or mid day snack.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My favorite protein snacks:

1. Steak
    2. protein shake with fat free milk
    3. protein bar
    4. Steak
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese on crackers, string cheese, crab sticks, slice of ham, nuts, roast soy beans or garbanzos

Dang! Your list actually looks GREAT! I love all those things!
  • gethealthyAndrea
    Options
    Beef jerky is a good high protein snack option.
  • hitmeister
    hitmeister Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Protein shake. I scoop of whey protein isolate can give you 30g of protein for about 120 calories.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella sticks!

Roasted Chickpeas have protein? and are yummy.

Beef Jerky
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    beef jerky is my fave, preferably an organic/local brand that doesn't have lots of sugar like Jack Links or whatever. whip up a batch of sriracha deviled eggs and snack on them throughout the day!

mozzarella sticks are not a high protein snack lol
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    protein shakes or nuts. Sometimes beef jerky but I eat a ton of meat in my main meals so I try for the others
  • EmCee91
    EmCee91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! A lot of great suggestions, and those Turkey Muffins sound really good :D
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I mix whey protein powder with almond milk