losing motivation..

Options
2»

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My motivation has ALWAYS BEEN reading the community posts and checking out my MFP buddies sites. It's very ENCOURAGING when you can "relate" or you can see those achieving what you aspire to achieve. There have bn periods in which I didn't log anything but bc i logged on, read the various posts and comments, that it has continually made me "watch Jaki" and I've maintained for the most prt. Sure weight has fluctuated up and dwn a cpl times, but never more than a few pounds. That's how I stay motivated AND I look at where I WAS and where I am now. I started MFP April 2012. Prior to that I had lost maybe 10lbs or so, but today, 9 mos later I'm down 50lbs and to me that's gr8t! Would I like more? But of course, but just to see I've loss and maintained what I loss motivates me.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Hi jakinesmith,
    Like your advice.. I also am reading the forums/blogs to keep me motivated. This is the first thing I have done for me in years and anythin that keeps me focused is good :-)
  • v1ice
    v1ice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was having a hard time dieting on my own too and getting little support from family. I asked my mum after I'd struggled to drop 9 lbs if I looked any different and she just mumbled "Oh, I don't notice these things" - gee thanks!

Since Christmas I've added a few more frends on MFP and we are supporting each other. Reading their comments and seeing that they are making the effort and the time to exercise everyday is giving me the motivation to do the same.

Don't get discouraged, you can do this!

Feel free to add me if you like

haha.. i got that from my friends as well.. when i lost the initial 6 pounds they were like, i dont see anything.. well all i can say is trust the scale and stick with it, coz these little things add up and before they know it you'd be fit and thats the fact.. :D all the best and thanks for your support..
  • v1ice
    Options
    Have you tried a motivational collage? Or before photos on your fridge? And read some success stories, those always helped pump me back up! You should definately get a buddy. Put a post on face book. You will be surprised how many people want the same goals you do. Stay motivated!!! Nothings better than showing off your new body to people who thought you would fail! :)

well i've still got a lots of ways to go to do the before after pic.. i still look pretty much the same but its only the weighing scale that knows the difference and i'm fine with that.. so i guess the visible changes would take place after some 10 pounds or so.. would be fun to see the reactions when that finally happens. anyways thanks for your support.. now i can definitely go back into the routine.. and hopefully i wont lose my mojo for the next 100 days.. cheers..
  • v1ice
    Options
    if you have done 100 days without a break then have a week off. your body will thank you for a break from working out and a week at maintenance will kickstart your motivation!

nice.. so i can consider the slip up this week into the 100 day break, so that would still keep me in the plan.. awesome.. thanks for your help.. cheers
  • v1ice
    Options
    fat photos work great, I have my large pants and the much smaller one pinned inside my door lookin at the difference of 4 inches in the waist really helps.

well the first sign of a success in a diet or a workout plan for me is the change in the jean size.. and i'm glad to say that i'm already a size down :D
  • v1ice
    Options
    My motivation has ALWAYS BEEN reading the community posts and checking out my MFP buddies sites. It's very ENCOURAGING when you can "relate" or you can see those achieving what you aspire to achieve. There have bn periods in which I didn't log anything but bc i logged on, read the various posts and comments, that it has continually made me "watch Jaki" and I've maintained for the most prt. Sure weight has fluctuated up and dwn a cpl times, but never more than a few pounds. That's how I stay motivated AND I look at where I WAS and where I am now. I started MFP April 2012. Prior to that I had lost maybe 10lbs or so, but today, 9 mos later I'm down 50lbs and to me that's gr8t! Would I like more? But of course, but just to see I've loss and maintained what I loss motivates me.

wow.. thats awesome.. your success is really inspirational.. :D thanks a lot.. this would definitely keep me going now.. cheers.. i'll surely try be more active in the Mfp community from now on.. :D
  • v1ice
    Options
    Hey :-)
    Glad your feeling refreshed..

:D yae.. the mojo's back now.. its true what the say about the buddy thing.. its just easier getting things done with the support of a friend.. thanks a lot..
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Just recently found something about motivation that just hit home.. thought I'd share:

Motivation comes and goes.
    [After a Carnival Cruise commercial] "I'm going to get in shape so I can wear a swimsuit on the cruise. Yea me!"
    [Looks outside and notices it's windy and cool] "I don't feel like working out today. It's too cold and windy."
    [Gets home and sees bag of cookies on the counter] " I'll start next week" Nom nom nom

Dedication is forever!
    [After a Carnival Cruise commercial] "I'm going to get in shape so I can wear a swimsuit on the cruise. Yea me!"
    [Looks outside and notices it's windy and cool] "I don't feel like working out today or eating good. Stupid wind!" - Puts on running shoes... goes for a run.
    [Gets home and sees bag of cookies on the counter] "I can have a few this weekend but not today." ...eats healthy snack.

Don't do what you feel like doing. Do what you know you should be doing. That is all.
  • v1ice
    Options
    Just recently found something about motivation that just hit home.. thought I'd share:

Motivation comes and goes.
    [Looks outside and notices it's windy and cool] "I don't feel like working out today. It's too cold and windy."
    [Gets home and sees bag of cookies on the counter] " I'll start next week" Nom nom nom

Dedication is forever!
    [Looks outside and notices it's windy and cool] "I don't feel like working out today or eating good. Stupid wind!" - Puts on running shoes... goes for a run.
    [Gets home and sees bag of cookies on the counter] "I can have a few this weekend but not today." ...eats healthy snack.

Don't do what you feel like doing. Do what you know you should be doing. That is all.

it's too cold and windy.. that's the excuse I used the past week.. but then again it was below zero n don't particularly like running on a treadmill.. so I guess it's time to put them shoes on.. Ty