NSV! Bath Towel

Options
betsij
betsij Posts: 299 Member
ok, bare with me because it may not seem like a big deal, but this is huge to me! My bath towel fits all the way around me now!!! Anybody know what I am talking about? I use to have a big gap of flesh hanging out. Now the towel meets all the way around! YAY!!!! call me crazy, I can take it!

Replies

• DonnaMDaniels
    DonnaMDaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ahhh yes, i know this feeling... 5 years ago I weighed almost 300 pounds and couldnt get a towel around me without the belly gape.. even though is till weigh in the 250's it is great to be able to cover up with a towel!! great job!! keep it up :)
  • mawmonamission
    mawmonamission Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's funny. After my shower this morning, I wrapped myself in the towel and thought about how good it will feel when I can wrap the towel all the way around without anything showing! A great victory indeed! I'm almost there too... another couple of inches!
  • Kristi336
    Kristi336 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haha, I totally know what you are talking about!! My family takes a vacation to the same beach club every year and they have these ridiculously tiny freebie beach towels at the pool. One of my NS goals is to have that towel fit around me this July!

Congrats!!!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    yes yes! so excited for you!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I found some huge towels at Kohls labelled bath "sheets". Those worked well and I'm still using them because they're nice towels, but I recently realized that the smaller ones I've been using for my hair since buying those sets of towels actually fit around me! Granted, they're probably just the regular size bath towels, but it feels good to say my hair towel fits around me :D
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OMG! Yes! I remember when this happened, and I still marvel at it now! Congrats!
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Know the feeling very well! Enjoy this feeling of accomplishment! :happy:
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I had the same one a while back. Gotta love it. Congrats.
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me. I was never able to do it before and now I do it all of the time....just because I can. Congratulations!
  • pattydi
    pattydi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is the BEST NSV ever! Great job! I know exactly how you feel! :wink:
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was telling people when this (recently) happened to me too! Things like that motivate me more than the scale. I stood in the bathroom mirror and just looked at it for like 10 minutes!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes I do know and understand what you mean. It's a wonderful feeling for something a lot of people don't even think about. Congrats.
  • amaryaxxx
    amaryaxxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    cant wait to cover up, congrats hun.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    omg i know how that feels i actually bought bigger towels before so i would be covered all the way but when a "normal" size towel fits all the way its sooooooo nice ^_^
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I had the same NSV a couple of months ago and now when I get out of the shower and I can properly wrap my bath towel around me, I'm still like "hell yeaaah" lol It's an awesome feeling so good job! ;) xx
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    at home I had the big 72" towels to wrap around but in hotels the Bath towels there being ONLY 48inches wouldnt even reach around me to say nothing of the gap I remember watching movies or TV where they came out of the shower and wrapped and tucked it in and it fit and really wanting to do that
    Now I can wrap it around tuck it in it stays up and covers all of me I can wrap it and walk out on the hotel balcony and stand there and I do because I can Yes its great
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love it! Gr8t NSV!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a great feeling
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Thanks for sharing!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I was quite happy to reach that stage as well. Yay, I can wear towel dresses again. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!