getting tired of salad

Options
OK, I am only on like day 8 of my diet or something like that. But, already I am getting tired of salad. Breakfast is no problem, because I love my multi-grain cheerios with yogurt. Dinner is no problem because I cook out of my scrumptious cookbook (Cook this not that). Snack is no problem...cuz I have plenty of tasty low calorie snacks. My problem is lunch. I am in school during the day, and so I am stuck eating what the school offers (I know I could bring a lunch...but I really don't have that much time to pack a lunch). I have mostly been having soup and salad (I love soup)...but salad is getting tired. I tried to mix it up by going to the buffet caff (which was a horrible idea). Basically, the only thing that I could eat there was soup and salad...and I had to be faced with the choices of all the things I love, but couldn't have. So, what do I do?

Replies

• kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Maybe you will have to make a choice...eat salad everyday, eat something that isn't good for you, or FIND time to make a lunch that will leave you with energy for the rest of the day! Its all about choices...and you have many. Stay positve and think outside the box! You will find time for anything you REALLY need or want!! Keep asking and finding answers!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunches is wraps... if you don't have time to make one yourself than you can bring the tortilla and fill it up with the salad fixings! Maybe make extra of your dinners and then bring those if you have a microwave, also you could bring different toppings for your salad... maybe the ones they offer are just boring, either way good luck :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I eat a sandwich everyday. I switch up the meat, cheese, and bread that I use every week. I have made my way through turkey, roast beef, bologna, chicken, and ham. The cheeses are endless. And for bread I use an english muffin, wheat bread, a tortilla wrap, or a sandwich thin. Then you can use mustard or mayo or pickles. I usually have some veggies (whatever's around) and a "dessert" like yogurt or grapes or something along those lines. The combos are endless and I never get bored! Salad is boring, and I only eat one of those like twice a week, and it's only a side salad.
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    it is hard to have time to make a lunch, if you have time try to pre pack everything you can at night...if you are going to take yogurt or something cold...keep it all together in thr fridge (i personally dont like to make sandwhiches at night). i will put my carrots in a bag or pretzels etc etc..whatever you can do at night do it. and if you have to have salad try to have different things on it (??)

have a good night!
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just pack up my leftovers from dinner the nite before and I'm ready to go the next day!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 5 and I know what it means when you say "you don't have time". But, you really need to find the time to prepare small portions of a variety of choices. Do it as soon as you get home from the grocery store. Put half of your grocery away and prepare the other half. Premeasure 1/2 cups of watermelon, cottage chesse, steamed veggies, etc.... and put them in small tupperware containers in your fridge. Lunch is sooooo much more fun when you can have your own mini buffet in front of you!

If that's really out of the question, try bringing small packages of tuna, dried fruit, walnuts, or anything else that you could throw in your salad to make it a little different each day! Keep changing it up or you'll lose interest, get discouraged and fall off the diet wagon! :flowerforyou:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I just pack up my leftovers from dinner the nite before and I'm ready to go the next day!

Ditto. I try to remember to make double the amount of whatever I am cooking for dinner. Sometimes I even have lunch for a couple days!