Finally found something worth typing about!Hello everyone

Options
So I am in the military and have been told to lose weight. I have always known it was a problem, but now it is time to lose it or leave the military. Have used other trackers before but this one has impressed me with the data that falls into the reports. I currently work-out 5 times per week, mixing it with cardio/strength training as directed. It is a good class and better then the boot camps offered here. The military has recommended a food tracker to use, but it was not like this one. They ask me for a 7 day food journal every month, to include protein intake, so this program works great.

I am currently stationed in Okinawa Japan, and have been here for almost four years. My family and I are moving to New Mexico in May, and looking forward to the dry heat, as compare to the humidity of the places we have been. I am looking forward to talking and supporting other members. I lead a boring job life; usually involving climbing stairs all day, or listening to people complain about where they live, but when I get home it gets worse. I am addicted to certain video games, and I have to restrict myself from playing them, to prevent myself from sitting and not moving all day.

Hope to hear from you,

Larey

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I send you a Welcome from New Mexico. The dry heat is nice and the year round kind weather.

Video games can be a killer for motivation. But you are here now and can do this.

Good Luck.
  • paddymc
    paddymc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Call on us for support. We are all here for each other. Best wishes to you!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    So I am in the military and have been told to lose weight. I have always known it was a problem, but now it is time to lose it or leave the military. Have used other trackers before but this one has impressed me with the data that falls into the reports. I currently work-out 5 times per week, mixing it with cardio/strength training as directed. It is a good class and better then the boot camps offered here. The military has recommended a food tracker to use, but it was not like this one. They ask me for a 7 day food journal every month, to include protein intake, so this program works great.

I am currently stationed in Okinawa Japan, and have been here for almost four years. My family and I are moving to New Mexico in May, and looking forward to the dry heat, as compare to the humidity of the places we have been. I am looking forward to talking and supporting other members. I lead a boring job life; usually involving climbing stairs all day, or listening to people complain about where they live, but when I get home it gets worse. I am addicted to certain video games, and I have to restrict myself from playing them, to prevent myself from sitting and not moving all day.

Hope to hear from you,

Larey

You can still play video games... just get addicted to the Wii Fit! (I know - probably not the same!) Welcome and good luck! This truly is the best place on the web!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    i agree, the wii offers several "active" video games that will get you up and moving rather than just sitting.

since you are just starting, you may want to try getting some new healthy patterns established for cardio & strength/weight training first, but then you may want to consider adding in some wii exercise as "extra" work out material.
    i use mine to augment my other work out plans, to "mix things up a little" once in a while; or on the rare occasions that i cannot get to the gym for a regular workout (or class is cancelled) i can get some cardio & yoga stretch done at home.
    good luck -katie
  • Larey
    Larey Posts: 2
    Options
    I have most attend work out sessions, so making them is not a problem. They are staggered as follows;
    Monday-Intervals
    Tuesday-Resistance/Strength
    Wednesday-Cardio Surprise
    Thursday-Resistance/Strength
    Friday-Constant Heart Rate(low end to burn fat)

So yeah, I enjoy my video game time. I make 5 work-outs per week, and they are about 60 mins at a time. I alooking at maybe adding to the program I am currently on, cause I wish to add more cardio to add to my run time.