Losing weight is hard work! Congrats to all!

Options
I had a massive heart attack in September of 2011 and am very lucky to be alive. I was only 43 at the time. What a wake up call. I was 230 pounds at the time and since then have completely changed my lifestyle. I now eat a lot more healthy and religiously work out 5-6 days a week. Subsequently I have lost 48 lbs and am in the best shape of my life. People have often commented on the weight I have lost and have made comments like "It's so easy for some people to lose weight". I always correct them and say that it is hard work and takes a major commitment and lifestyle change, because it is and does. So I just wanted to say congrats to all of you who have lost weight and keep up the good work! I know it is hard, but anything in life that is worthwhile is!

Replies

• sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you as well!!! What an inspiration...
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I agree with you but disagree! Sorry!
    It takes a while for a weight increase you can lose in weeks.
    A psycologist friend of mine told me that if I really want something then I would do it...
    It takes a commitment, alright, but it is not suffering, it is having a right Cal Budget and fitting what you like to eat in there.
    It doesn't have to be perfect or 100% every day or every week, but if you get in line you will make it.
    I love food and I am a declared foodie. I refuse to starve or declare the food I like "bing" or "cheat food". No way! It is a matter of understanding the rules and follow them.. Results will come...
  • rvicini
    Options
    And eat your chocolate, and eat the "dulce de leche", but knowing exactly what you are doing...
    I honestly write in here, that I should not, because I believe it is anyone's private business because I feel sorry for people that think that losing weight is suffering.
    It happened to me in the past, and it does not anymore. I love to eat and I am learning to enjoy exercise, that I did not before.
    MFP is great if you understand it and following it.
  • mikelacombe
    mikelacombe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    rvicini......I never said you had to suffer, I just said it was "hard work" because it is. I personally find the challenges rewarding and fun. I agree, you can and should "cheat a little" and reward yourself for the hard work.
  • rvicini
    Options
    Well, I agree with you all the way!
    Of course it is difficult Mike, no doubt, but once you understand how it works, you get it going!.
    I agree with you, it takes courage to take the step and move forward, deciding to make changes and act upon it!