Hi I'm new

Options
:smile: I just started myfitnesspal tonight. I started on my iphone. It sounds like a good support system. Im just learning how to create my diary. I'm confused on why are there calories left in the green if your goal is 1000 cal a day. The green calories are more than the 1000? My exercise time is included.

Replies

• lunacocoa
    lunacocoa Posts: 21
    Options
    :smile: I just started myfitnesspal tonight. I started on my iphone. It sounds like a good support system. Im just learning how to create my diary. I'm confused on why are there calories left in the green if your goal is 1000 cal a day. The green calories are more than the 1000? My exercise time is included.

Green means you are under your target goal and negative red means you're over your target goal. Good Luck!!
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options
    If you added exercise, then you get to eat your exercise calories too!! :] That would be why you have eaten all of your regular calories aaand are still in "the green".

Welcome to the site!!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Your gonna love it!!
    I have the iPhone app too and it really is the best thing to keep track of everything while your busy and on the move. So easy to forget a snack or something during the day but with the app you put it in as you go and it is so easy :o)
    I actually believe I will reach my goal this time, I've been trying to loose ALL of my pregnancy weight for 5 long years!
    Very hard work but I refuse to give up!!

Don't be afraid to ask quesstions, the people here are lovely and everyone speaks so much sense you are sure to get great advice and will achieve you goal - just keep at it :o)
    Best of luck to you and congratulations on your first step to a NEW YOU!!
    Mel xx

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great community for getting help to reach your goals!:smile: