Belfast peoples

Options
girlinahat
girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
quick question -

where's good for a nice breakfast in Belfast? Am staying near city centre/Europa hotel (not actually in there) for a couple of days next week and could do with some ideas of where to eat in your lovely city.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Want to meet for lunch or coffee some day :smile:

There's a Wetherspoons pub opposite the BBC that does good value food all day, and gives calorie values on its menus. I think it's called the Bridge House.

St Clements is the best chain of coffee shops, locally owned and won an award recently.

Eclectic and fun - Made in Belfast down the side of the Danske Bank by city hall.

Posh - our home grown Michelin chef Michael Deane has a number of establishments near by - the bistro on Dublin road is pretty good value, but his main restaurant on Howard St around the corner often has special lunch menus for £6-10.

All of those are walking distance from the Europa - around that area there's loads of places.
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    China china!
  • Stazed
    Stazed Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    breakfast or lunch in avoca is always good
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Head up to botanic avenue and try Maggie mays. They do a great ulster fry. Clements by the city hall does great coffee and bagels. Made in Belfast down the site street beside Clements is also nice for breakfast.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think the original question was posed way back in January, but great ideas!
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ah, oops :-) first time I've been on here in ages.

*reads things more closely next time * :-)
  • Ant___
    Ant___ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Harlem Cafe in Bedford street beside the ulster hall is great for breaky, bit pricey mind but it's nice, and maggie mays as already mentioned.