3 Tbsp. macadamia nuts, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup (2 fl oz./60ml) nonfat milk
4 mahimahi fillets, each 5 oz (155g) and about 1 inch (2.5cm) thick
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper

Instructions:

Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 450F (230C). Place small wire rack in a shallow nonstick baking pan.

On a plate, stir together the bread crumbs, nuts, parsley, lemon zest, and 1/3 tsp. of the salt. Pour the milk into a shallow dish. Dip each fillet in the milk and then dredge in the nut mixture, coating completely and pressing lightly so the mixture adheres well.

Place the fillets on the rack in the baking pan, making sure that they do not touch. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and the black pepper.

Bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife and the crust is golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to warmed individual plates and serve immediately.

How I made them:

I used crushed croutons since I had no bread crumbs...lightly flavored so I took it easy on the croutons and upped the macadamia nuts
Unsalted, raw macadamia nuts
I had no parsley so I did without...
A little extra lemon zest
I don't have milk so I used light original soy milk
I didn't add any salt

These were amazing, even with the lack of salt and other substitutions I made. I served them with cinnamon-glazed baby carrots, which I will post the recipe for next!

Nutrition (may want to put in each ingredient separately if you use subs like me or leave out the salt)

Calories: 186
Protein: 28
Carbs: 3
Total fat: 6
Sat fat: 1
Mono fat: 4
Cholesterol: 104
Sodium: 462
Fiber: 1

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587