Replies

• Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have tried about 7 or 8 different whey protein isolate powders. I have to say that the Mocha Mint from "It's About Time" is by FAR my favorite!
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love BSN's Syntha-6. Comes in good flavors and tastes good.

Agree with this
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    isoPure ready to drink. More like gatorade than a shake. I can't stomach the shake type.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just bought Dymatize Iso 100 for after my strength training and long runs. I got the vanilla because it's easier to mix with other flavors. I really really like it! The last cheap stuff I bought ended up in the trash!! Hope you find one you like that doesn't break the bank!!
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Rich Chocolate tastes really good! It has a nice smooth texture unlike some protein powders. It's also low calorie and low carb. I have a scoop and a half everyday and I am full for at least 2 hours.
  • JucyJ40
    JucyJ40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    GNC Total Lean
    Lean Shake Vanilla Bean is the bomb!!!!

25 grams of protein
    170 Calories
    24 vitamins and minerals
    Lactose free
    total fat 6g
    sugar 2g
    per serving 14 fl oz bottle

You can drink it plain or mix it with your favor fresh or frozen fruits/w a little ice.. i love it with raspberries:tongue:
  • MightySpacy
    Options
    Did you know that the average persons diet already contains more protein than one should have in their diet?

Wrong

Actually it's correct, I can dig it out of the text and quote it directly from there if you like......
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Define "average person"? It's common knowledge that it takes .8-1gram per lean body mass to sustain muscle/prevent excess loss especially when in a caloric deficit.

The FDA has a 15% RDA expectation which seems far too low especially for those eating in a caloric deficit.

Please show me a study that supports the "average person" gets too much protein in their diet. And then I'll show you countless studies in which individuals eating in a caloric deficit lost substantial amounts of muscle while consuming low amounts of protein.

While I can't argue that most people get the .8-1gram per pound LBM in their diets, there are definitely exceptions in which a supplement may need to be taken. (for example, vegetarians, lack of meat, etc.)

In addition your body can have multiple times it's RDA of protein without negative side effects. You would have to consume an excessive (almost impossible) amount of protein for it to be harmful.

No one goes around saying "uh, I don't think you should take vitamin c, most people get too much in their diet anyway".

Did you know that the average persons diet already contains more protein than one should have in their diet?

Wrong

Actually it's correct, I can dig it out of the text and quote it directly from there if you like......
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I like to take whole shrimp and blend them up with a little coconut oil.
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    I always stuck to chocolate then I tried Kinetica's Banoffee flavor and I fell in love <3
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Banana Cream
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Whey has been my long time favorite.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love Sunwarrior Vanilla rice protein.
  • lilc110
    lilc110 Posts: 10
    Options
    I really like Pro7ein cookies and cream flavor. It's low sugar and still tastes great. I usually drink it after an intense cardio session and after lifting. I definitely tried many kinds and settled for this one. If you have a GNC or a Nutrishop or Vitamin Shoppe nearby, buy some of the sample packets. Or sometimes, the salesperson is nice and will give you samples. Good luck!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GainsAndGuitars
    Options
    For protein: ON Gold Standard Whey (just got the mocha cappuccino flavor and its great). Also cycle it with Muscle Pharm Combat Powder. As for the shake I use the whey, almond milk, ice, and blueberries. Sometimes I will throw in a scoop of PB or substitute mangoes for the blueberries.