NEWBIE......

Options
Hi All,

Have just downloaded the MyFitnessPal App to my iphone and think it's just the thing to keep me on track with losing a little weight. I am currently trying to conceive baby number 3 and would like to be a little on the 'lighter' side before it happens! I am totally addicted to chocolate and have a real sweet tooth......this is my downfall :ohwell:

Today is the first day I have tracked my food consumption and cannot believe that my 2 pieces of wholemeal toast for breakfast take me to over 250 calories! And the calories in bananas too.......I had no idea (how naive!) I just assumed that if the bread was wholemeal it wasn't so bad and who would've guessed a banana!!!!!

Oh well, I look forward to hearing and sharing all kinds of tips/recipes with everyone......

Happy calorie counting :smile: xxxx

Replies

• Coppersky55
    Options
    Welcome! I have found this website to be the most useful and helpful. It has really helped me stay on track and for the days that I go overboard it helps me reel it back in so that I continue losing weight rather than motivation. I also have a sweet tooth which has progressively gotten better over the last two months. As I've been more healthy my desire for useless candy calories has dropped significantly. I do keep dove dark chocolate pieces in the house so when I do crave some chocolate I have a couple pieces rather than a whole candy bar or something. This website is great to retrain moderation and my results have been very consistent even without being "perfect" so Good luck! Stick with it.
  • geordieprincess
    Options
    Thank you!! I came in just under my calorie goal yesterday but must admit i found it quite hard :angry: ha ha
    I'm finding so far today a little easier, though it is only just 11am!! ha ha

the dark chocolate thing is a good idea, i don't particularly like dark chocolate so won't find myself wanting more after a square or two, i'm definitely going to try that!

I do find that not all of the exercises are in the database and if i do an exercise DVD at home, it is very difficult to establish exactly how many calories you have burned:frown:

Thanks for saying hi, it's nice when you're a newbie! And keep up the good work xxxxx
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a newbie too, not the chocolate that's my downfall but the crisps. Have taken to hiding in the ladies at work when the sandwich man comes by. So I am not tempted LOL
    Good luck coming in under calorie goal, it is hard. Some foods are so high it really suprised me
    Happy losing
    xx
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hello all new comers to MFP!!

I :heart: this site!!

I'm sure you will too. It really does open your eyes to calories in food and makes it so easy to track everything you eat and all your excerise. I have the iPhone app too and it's great for when your away from home or really busy.

Try Diabetic Chocolate!! Doesn't effect sugar levels in the blood and therefore is great for weight loss, and it tastes really nice too, (I buy mine from Boots) much easier to have a square or two of this than give it up totally.
    I love their sugar free sweets too, just right for when you have a little sweet craving, makes it so much easier to control and after a while of switching to these your quite satisfied and don't miss the original chocolates.

And I've given up crisps and now have just a few chilli peanuts if I fancy a savory snack, they are high in fat so watch you only have aroung 25gms - 140 Cals!! But they do the trick for me and I feel better knowing the fat I have eaten is the fat my bosy needs unlike crisps which are all bad, packed with salt and loads of MSG too - to keep you hooked!

If you need any tips or help just ask, there's such a great support network here you will get sound advice.
    Good luck with your goals.
    Mel :o)

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • geordieprincess
    Options
    Wow.......some fantastic tips there.....I'm hotfooting it down to my local Boots asap!! :happy:

It's lovely to get messages and tips from others, especially when you're new, it really gives you a good kick start and the motivation to keep going.

The weekend is practcally here, I'm not dreading it too much, to be honest I find I actually eat less at the weekend. During the week at work, if it's quiet, I eat through sheer boredom :noway: ha ha

I've found I've been exercising everyday, just whatever I can fit in, so I can rack up some extra calories. Not necessarily so I can eat more but it's a great booster at the end of the day to see how much under your calorie limit you are!

First weigh in for me on Wednesday..........Good luck to all for their weigh in's too, be sure to update me! xxxxxx
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Welcome. if you are from the UK then you might wnat to pop to this grup "Team UK - March 2010 "