Wing lovers please unite

Options
Looking for great Buffalo Wing recepies or really reliable Calorie count for wings from restaurants. Any good sauces out there? Archie Moore really makes a great tangy sauce.

Replies

• cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    being from Buffalo, we enjoy Franks Hot Sauce. We use it on, not only wings but sooooo many other things too! Its especially awesome on scrambled eggs! Interested to hear what others use
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I love wings. I could probably eat them everyday if I could...oh wait I did. That's why im here.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Alton Brown has a baked bufallo wing recipe. Fewer calories than the deep fried version. Not quite as crunchy, but it'll do the trick.

I also use Franks.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/good-eats/buffalo-wings-recipe/index.html
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good 'ol Frank's Original!
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Spicy Garlic and Jammin Jalapeno are my favorite, on naked tenders... eat them every Friday!
  • pennyragan
    Options
    I get chicken drummies (raw) from the grocery store, coat them with mixture of (natures seasonings / garlic powder / onion powder / paprika / pepper)
    Bake them in the oven and when they get done turn on the broiler to get them realy crispy
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of those commercials.... Franks Red Hot sauce... we put that *kitten* on almost everything.

I'm not a bone in type of gal. But we bought a bag of wings and didn't notice how high just the wings with no sauce were in calories.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I get chicken drummies (raw) from the grocery store, coat them with mixture of (natures seasonings / garlic powder / onion powder / paprika / pepper)
    Bake them in the oven and when they get done turn on the broiler to get them realy crispy

THAT sounds soooooo yummy!!!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Frankssss.. ewwwwwwww.. NO disrespect but I'll pass. In Kansas City I am known as the King of Wings, lol, honest.... As far as calorie count, yeah can't really help you with that. . I will tell you that most of it comes from the skin. Most places deep fry theirs so you get it all soaked in that way, great flavor. And as far as flavor try a few different ones and you'll find the one that fits your taste buds. I like mine grilled.As I currently sit I own the 4th largest privately owned hot sauce collection in the entire Mid-West region.... One of the biggger ones in the States.. So yessssss I luvvv the sauce :):)
  • cocodiva31
    Options
    I love wings. I could probably eat them everyday if I could...oh wait I did. That's why im here.

Dido!! Me and my family love Wingstop!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am a wing FANATIC! Franks motto is "I'll put that *kitten* on anything"? I'd probably even put it ON *kitten*.

For those who are open to meatless alternatives, I have run across a crispy chicken nugget type product at Costco. It's called Gardein Meatless Crispy Chicken w/Mandarin ORange Sauce. (The key for me is the "crispy".) 14 of the bite sized (I DO meat bite-sized, they are definitely on the small side) come in at 280 calories with 22 grams of protein (without sauce).

Of course I ditch the mandarin sauce and throw on Franks buffalo. It definitely gets me through the cravings.

As far as out and about? I STAY away from wings.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am a wing addict. I don't think I can fit them into my new healthy eating lifestyle, at least not now. I have a serious weakness for wings and can't imagine having to restrict myself to 1 or 2 wings. I would rather go without. :cry:
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I just go get Buffalo Wild Wings, so much easier than making them at home!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    being from Buffalo, we enjoy Franks Hot Sauce. We use it on, not only wings but sooooo many other things too! Its especially awesome on scrambled eggs! Interested to hear what others use

I have it on EVERYTHING
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Do we get rings?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I just go get Buffalo Wild Wings, so much easier than making them at home!

^ this. I love chicken wings but when I want them, I want them now and I don't want to put a lot of effort into it. Plus, they bring me beer. Win!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I go to BWW all the time! Wings are awesome. I'm doing low carb, so I can't really do this anymore, but grilling them then tossing them in some Stubb's or Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce was really tasty!

But I love plain old buffalo sauce! Nom!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options

me too...me too.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I've been using this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-buffalo-wings/detail.aspx

But I'm sort of thinking I'll switch to the Alton Brown recipe listed above. It doesn't use flour, which will bring the calorie count down.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Wings are my absolute favorite food. Since moving to the UK, I really miss decent Buffalo wings, so I started making them myself. I do the classic Buffalo wing sauce with Frank's, and make blue cheese dressing to have with them. I make quite a lot and tend to eat however many I want, but I only do that maybe 3 times a year. It helps that my husband hates wings, so I only make them when he goes away to spend a weekend with his old uni buddies.