Briefly describe one dream from last night

Options
I'm very interested in the subconscious and dreaming and keep an active dream journal. On a good night I can remember up to 7 dreams and on a really good night I can experience lucid (fully conscious) dreaming.

Briefly describe one dream from last night...

One of mine was walking through an old 70's style lodge or mansion, I get the sense its some sort of cult meeting place. Suddenly I'm staring down a long hallway and an old man at the far end behind a camera as he says 'when you see the flashes you will remember everything' and it flashed five times. Now I'm on the street and police have the area blocked off telling me everyone inside is dead. I'm trying to fight my way past because I think my family is inside.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Riding a rocket through a tunnel wearing nothing but a cowboy hat
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My ex BF was singing Led Zepplin on stage and passed the mic to his ex-girlfriend (before me) and his sister....in the next instant we were all having dinner together (not possible because I hated his sister). Very weird.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I was a tadpole.......swimming through a tunnel to the sun......But I was racing against lots of other tadpoles....and only one of us could win. I could feel the warmth of the sun.....but couldn't make it there in time.....One of the other tadpoles got there first and then the rest of us just died.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Bow chica wow wow...

Okay, all joking aside, I don't often remember my dreams. Last night was a dark night (as in, I have no recollection of any of my dreams).

50% of the time if I remember a dream it was a lucid dream.

But I imagine you're more interested in the dreams that were not lucid?

Of the dreams I remember that aren't lucid there is a continuing theme. I am almost always in a situation where the people I love are being hurt and I'm powerless to do anything. I always survive these dreams but everyone I love always end up dying. Very rarely do I have non-lucid dreams that are outside this pattern.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I was a tadpole.......swimming through a tunnel to the sun......But I was racing against lots of other tadpoles....and only one of us could win. I could feel the warmth of the sun.....but couldn't make it there in time.....One of the other tadpoles got there first and then the rest of us just died.

:wink:

Wonder what you were doing? :bigsmile:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I always remember my dreams. Nothing exciting last night.

I dreamed I lived with my boyfriends brother and mom, I was sleeping on the couch and heard a knock and it was my boyfriends brother and his friend really drunk needing to get in to sleep. I put them to bed, took off their shoes for them and went back to sleep on the couch. My boyfriend came and asked me why I was so rude to his brothers friend and I was confused and told him to ask his brother if it's true and he said his brother wasn't even with him, then I was like..ohhh okay I must be dreaming and woke myself up.

...and a couple more really pointless ones like that last night.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was sitting in with a deceased older gentleman (like they did in the days of old) who kept moving around on the table he was laid out on because he couldn't get comfortable since he was "not used to being in one position for so long".

I'm not even sure he knew I was there.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh, I dreamt that I was living in one of my old houses, and I came home in time to see my best friend murdering my ex boyfriend. In the dream I was still madly in love with him, so I was really distraught. However, I knew my best friend would kill me if I didn't seem like I was totally on board. So she handed me the gun (It didn't shoot actual bullets, it shot trackerjackers, but it shot them at such a speed that if you weren't going to be killed by it before, you were now.) and I ended up shooting him 40+ times in the chest and burying the body.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

swimming....through a tube......towards the sun.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I was making out with Anthony Bourdain.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was with my late father and we were at a high school football game. My dad was REALLY young...like before I was born. He looked great! I miss my dad....a lot.
  • CupcakeDefeater
    CupcakeDefeater Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I dreamt that i saw the helicopter that crashed into covent garden but only from a distance, like i was outside a shop and it was behind a wall. but the helicopter was completely intact, it was just lying on its side and even the propella was intact. it weirded me out a little actually lol !! xxx
  • MelStrey
    Options
    I am not exactly for sure, but I woke myself up by reciting various passages from the Communist Manifesto bemoaning the Bourgeois and saying "Proletariat liberation" ... I haven't read that since philo 101.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Last nights dream: I was driving in a car on a street where i grew up as a kid, and i had my buddy Bill with me (friends for 12 years).... we were just driving around basically...., but i was lost, but not really bc i knew where I was. Found another familiar street and I wasnt lost anymore.
    Then I woke up.
    the dream felt like an hour, it probably lasted 2 minutes.

Thats about all I remember.

the night before I had a dream i was friends with Will from Days of our Lives. We were hanging out, then making out, then hanging out. Thats about it. LOL For god sake why was he in my dream?? I do watch Days of our Lives but I dont sit around fascinating about him or anyone on that show! haha...
    I woke up laughing and wound up wikipedia searching his *kitten* to find out how young of a guy he actually is bc i was making out with him in my dream. by making out, it was just a kiss... then we went on our merry ways hanging out. so strange.... and omg he's freaking 22. Uh, i'm like a cougar, except hes the one with the money!
  • thornedlily77
    thornedlily77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was driving down the road on the way to the grocery store when I noticed a horse walking in circles favoring his left hindquarters & falling down. I decided to go tell the people in the house nearby so that the horse could get some help. Next thing I know I am standing on the porch after I tell them & they are freaking out calling helicopters et c in to help their horse. All this is going on around me (literal chaos) when I wake up!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had a weird one last night. My youngest son and I were riding through the woods on a horse (don't ask me where the horse came in, I haven't been horseback-riding in a few years). We encountered a panther and it was coming after like it was gonna eat us and our horse. But a tiny cute baby kitten scared it off. The kitten got injured but chased the panther away. I couldn't leave the kitten behind injured so we brought it with us and took him home. I remember holding him in my lap on the drive home.

I think this means I want to get a sweet cuddly kitteh.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I dreamed that a friend and I were both fired, and informed that our workload would be assumed by the other directors. We walked away laughing.
  • thornedlily77
    thornedlily77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

swimming....through a tube......towards the sun.

lol sorry to call you out but can everyone please notice his profile pic?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I had two pretty weird dreams last night...

I had driven cross country to my sorority reunion....it was set at some fancy house...I think it was a sorority house...but whatever...so some how bette midler was our house mother. I was taken to various events and got to meet all the sisters that pledged after me...ran into a bunch of old college friends who were also have sorority/fraternity reunions. I wake up the next morning and start looking for my car. I go to bette and she informs me it was towed away..i was shocked of course.....I asked for the information, she said the tow company came all the way from Newport beach California...which I thought was weird since I was in Illinois, at least in the dream I was. I then had to find a way to fly back to California and get my car out of impound all with hardly any money in my wallet....

then woke up with a weird headache.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I recall that I was actually a girl in one of my dreams last night. This is pretty strange because I'm usually a boy with glasses.

I was talking to someone from a staircase, and I remember that I was stonewalling them somehow. I can't remember much else though.