One pounder loss

Options
Wow....cannot believe this.....uping calories to 1400...and eating my exercise cals WORKS.. CAN YOU TOTALLY image how great that 1 pound feels.... I have struggled since August with no loss. Thinking that reducing cals under 1200 would work. Just because all my life I have been "on a diet" Even if this is only 1 lb. a week it is a loss Exercising with chalean extream didn't move me...but did tone me. Now with the weight loss...I will see my results more now that the weight is coming. I feel great. Plus I probably lost more...because I know that special day of the month is coming...could even be today...TMI (I know) but still I lost 1 pound....YEAH!!!! It's amazing how different dieting is from your twenties and after kids....

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Woot! Great job on losing a 1lb. It's funny how we are wired to think that starving and depriving ourselves is the only way to lose weight. I'm so happy to know that there is a healthier and more manageable way to do it.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Yay!!. Great Job.
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    It is so great that I can eat. I love it that I can eat more too. The thing I changed the most was in my diary of food...I put 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 5pm...and now eat smaller and never starving. So then I am always satisfied. I am so happy. All the feedback from my freinds on here really is the key. I am over joyed with all the support on this site....!:flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It is so great that I can eat. I love it that I can eat more too. The thing I changed the most was in my diary of food...I put 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 5pm...and now eat smaller and never starving. So then I am always satisfied. I am so happy. All the feedback from my freinds on here really is the key. I am over joyed with all the support on this site....!:flowerforyou:

That's the way to do it. Slow and steady. Mine is setup similar but I also add a dessert column. I usually try to save something for that time before I go to bed since I get up and run.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! I'm so excited for your Heidi. You deserve that.

I cringe when people share with my their battle for weight loss and I find that they aren't getting anywhere with starving their bodies of calories. (1,200 cals and less).

I think you'll find too, as you get stronger and challenge yourself with upping your weights on CE, you'll need to eat another 100 to 200 calories to keep up with it. That's a good thing!!! It's amazing how well our bodies respond to feeding it, for one, and feeding it wholesome quality food.

Again, way to go, I'm so excited for your success...it's just the beginning, baby!

Taryn
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    I am also now looking for the select tech weights....as apposed to diamonds for my birthday too! ....lol
    My weights to keep switching ...is getting so bland...ughhhhh.....!
    :flowerforyou:
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am also now looking for the select tech weights....as apposed to diamonds for my birthday too! ....lol
    My weights to keep switching ...is getting so bland...ughhhhh.....!
    :flowerforyou:

That's funny, as I asked for the Bow Flext select tech weights for Mother's Day last year, instead of jewels. I get more use out of those, than any jewelry! I love them. Definitely worth the investment.
  • psime
    psime Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on the pound. I haven't gotten that far yet because I just started. I joined a year ago but didn't keep up with it. Hopefully I'll get there soon.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this success of yours! So many of us need to hear it. And I do realize that losing one pound a week is the most healthy way to do it. We are all just a little too anxious to have it "drop" off magically! Kudos to you and many more weekly successes for you.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Were you trying at 1200 and then you upped to 1400? I'm having a slow start and I'm trying to stick to 1200 cals currently. I work out nearly every day for 2-300 additional calories (more if I rollerblade) but I eat most of those back. I am totally prepared for 1lb a week and not going faster than that, but I'm not really seeing loss. I wonder if I need to up my base calories a little bit, too...

Yay for you, and thanks for inspiring the rest of us :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!