Workout Partners

Options
I really struggle to motivate myself to exercise and would love to find someone local to workout with. Any ideas on how to go about doing this? Money is a bit of a problem at the moment too so i cant even go to exercise classes to find like-minded people.

Replies

• tauress26
    Options
    Check out Meetup.com

There are a few groups that might require membership but there are some freebies.

Also, check out the local sports store or running shop. They will know of local groups of runners, etc.

Good luck!
  • TWhaylen
    Options
    First off, if you are on this site then you do have some form of motivation already going for you!! Use small things like that to give you that "push" to find more motivation. When it comes to going to the gym and having a partner there with you, I understand what you are saying but sometimes that can backfire. I say that in the other person may be able to do more than you or may want to do different exercises than you would like. I have seen people really let this get to them and discourage them as they start to think that they can't keep up with their partner and they feel like they are holding them back. That tends to be the hard part, finding someone that is on the same level as you when it comes to working out or exercises you want to do. Are you really only wanting to find someone as a partner that will motivate you enough to just get your foot in the door? What I would suggest is going to the gym on your own and sort of "scout" the area and see if you can find people that are working out on a level that you would be comfortable with. Then try and get them talking by asking if they could simply show you how to do the exercise they are performing as you wish to try it (even if you already know how to do it). That there will break the ice and then you can carry on the conversation about what sort of routine they have and what other exercises they might suggest. I have found that most people in the gym are very willing to workout with others and help in any way they can. I mean in the realm of things, we are all there with the same goal in mind, to get healthy!! Hope this helps and good luck to you!! :smile: