PROTEIN

tillmanc
tillmanc Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My protein is always over and everything else is below. Is this okay?

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    I have the same problem, only with SUGAR!
    Everything else is okay, my calories are always a bit under.
    Well, sometimes my protein is over, but my sugar is over every single day.
    Will I still loose weight?
    Thank you.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Where are you with your diet?
    Are you far into it or just starting? Do you have lots to loose or not much?
    I think protein is very important and we need to try to eat more that we do, I make protein shakes and smoothies and find this really helps with any exercise and also will tip the balancve with weight loss. Don't think of it for body builders only we all need protein.
    I think if your carbs are nearly always up and protein nearly always down then you will need to switch this by looking at you food and SNACKS and see what you can swap.
    We have to learn a new way of eating and thinking about food if we are not naturally thin as the food industry makes it hard for us to not gain weight.

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    MFP sets Protein pretty low, based on gov't recommended amount. If you workout at all, protein on MFP is quite low, you can go to settings, goals, change goals, custom and increase the % protein and decrease either carbs or Fat. You can try increasing by 5% first for a week or so and see how that fits and if further change is needed make it at that time.
  • My sugar is always over the goal by the time I finish breakfast, but I usually have fruit with breakfast. Just remember that the sugar counts good sugar like fruit not just candy,etc. I have been over every single day and have consistently lost weight. This is my 9th week and it averages out to about 1.2 pounds per week lost.
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Protein builds muscle. It's fine!
  • tillmanc
    tillmanc Posts: 2
    Thank you all for the feedback! I am new to this and figured if my carbs are low and my protein is higher that balances it out. i will change my protein goal.
This discussion has been closed.