Need breakfast ideas ASAP

Options

Replies

• pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the english muffin. I either get Thomas's 100% wheat or Rudy's Multi grain with Flax. I'll top with 1 TBSP natural peanut butter, or low fat cottage cheese, or nutella & 1/2 banana, or a Welshire Farms Chicken Apple sausage, or a hard boiled egg sliced with lots of pepper....

Other breakfast ideas: healthy cereal with Almond Milk, stell cut oatmeal with a pinch of brown sugar, sliced banana and walnuts, Van's Belgian Waffles with berries. Homemade breads (cooking light walnut streusel or banana bread), homemade bran & raisin muffins.

Good luck!
  • auburngrad92
    Options
    i make a low fat breakfeast casserole. Very simple and i modified it from a receipe.com suggestion.

16oz eggbeaters
    1 bag of shredded hasbrowns ( the green bag in the grocery refridge section not frozen)
    1 package of Jimmy Dean reduced fat sauage
    16 oz pkg of Sargentos reduced fat sharp chedder shreds

Preheat oven to 350 F
    Cook sauage,
    combine other 3 ingrediants in a sepaerate bowl and stir together
    Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray
    Spread cooked sauage in bottome of 9 x 13 and pour mixed ingrediants over it
    Baked for 45 min to 1 hour or until the center is set when a knife is inserted in the middle

Cool divide into 12 equal slices and it is roughly 215 carlories per serving according to the receipe chart on this site.. it reheats well. Easy not a big mess and a hit for my non dieting family plus i like it.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    This morning I made myself a 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter.

It was very filling and really delicious.

Not a big fan of cottage cheese. I can eat it on a salad with lettuce or with pineapple sometimes. WIsh I liked it more.

It didn't taste anything like cottage cheese. It was almost like a peanut butter dessert. :)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have found that buying the High protein bars are great for breakfasts on the run. Just grab a glass of skim milk and that bar and you will be full till lunch. Make sure u get the ones with atleast 12 or more grams of protein. They taste great too ! Don't know if you know it or not but milk helps u lose weight. Put a couple of protein bars in your purse or your have a with you for a snack. hope that helps !!
  • mchau7468
    Options
    Egg whites!! Scramble them with smoked salmon, mushrooms and baby spinach :drinker:
  • karajulie
    karajulie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamaof3grlz
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • sheilaevans1977
    Options
    Here one...

Bake Protein-Packed Bacon Omelet Bites - Make one batch, then reheat and eat this awesome breakfast all week.

Bacon Wrapped California Omelet Bites
    Recipe by Jen Comas Keck

What you’ll need:
    4 whole eggs
    12 egg whites
    2 cups diced cooked chicken
    12 slices bacon
    1/2 red pepper, chopped
    1/2 green pepper, chopped
    2 cups chopped fresh spinach
    1 avocado, cubed (optional)
    Salt and pepper
    Nonstick cooking spray

How to make it:
    1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
    2. Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat only until it's cooked through, but not crispy, about 5 minutes
    3. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and place one piece of the bacon in each tin, wrapping it around the outer edges.
  • dklw
    dklw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Microwave any combo of spinach, peppers, onion, mushrooms, other veges and drain after they are soft. Pour eggwhites (1/2 cup per person) into non-stick griddle with a little spray oil if needed. load the pan with the veges and low fat shredded cheese and make omelet, Add salsa to taste-very low in calories and changing up the veges adds variety.

Also cook up a pear or apple with some cinnamon and a drizzle of agave syrup, add to two ounces of greek 0% yogurt and it is low fat low calorie and yummy!
  • trishaknighton
    Options
    i switch it up with..... aunt millies wheat muffins 100 cal. toasted with 3 tbs. egg whites cooked , add jimmy deans turkey sausage patty and dannon greek yogurt, and a banana, around 300 cal. for all.............. then i use the same muffin with powdered p. butter, greek yogurt and a banana............... then i also use the same muffin with fat free strawberry cream cheese with a greek yogurt and a banana, great protein and all around 300 calories . 3 awesome breakfast and easy to make :)
  • hif123
    hif123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My easy breakfast - 30g rolled oats, 1 whole grated apple, a few raisins, and 100ml semiskimmed milk all mixed together. Delicious, filling and about 240 calories.
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I keep turkey sausage and microwave it for 35 seconds and it's done. Then I spray a coffee cup with non stick spray, scramble 2 egg whites in the cup, add a spoonful of diced tomatoes and microwave that for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Breakfast in less than 5 minutes. High protein, low carb, low calorie and tasty.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    canyoustayfordinner.com and emily bites.com has some great things .... i personally like the wanton muffins with egg sausage cheese YUM
  • gogreentara
    gogreentara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started making green breakfast smoothies. A cup of vanilla yogurt blended with a cup or 2 of spinach leaves til it's smooth. Then add frozen fruit, bananas, etc. It's really tasty!
  • phymrtn
    phymrtn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been making smoothies for breakfast lately. It can be fast if you pre-measure everything the night before. My recipe for a strawberry banana smoothie is:

1/2 Banana (frozen or unfrozen) I prefer frozen
    1/2 c. frozen strawberries, unsweetened
    1/2 c. skim milk
    1/2. c. Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain) I add this for the protein
    1-2 tbsp. flax seed (for fiber)

Blend until smooth.

It's a less than 300 calories, but it keeps me full for most of the morning.
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    These are a few of my faves :)

*Oatmeal made with skimmed milk, crushed almonds & blueberries/banana.

*Mixed fruit salad- apples, banana, blueberries, kiwi, strawberries w/ low fat yogurt.

*1 slice of whole meal bread toasted with sliced banana on top!

^^^^ I drink tetleys pure green tea with each breakfast :)

*Maxitone sculptress diet shake - chilled overnight in the fridge (if i'm in a hurry!)

xx
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    I have a cup of yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast and then a protein shake as I drive to work. That keeps me pretty full for a few hours. I than have some fruit between breakfast and lunch.
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am a slave to habit....double dose of oatmeal every morning and coffee and sometimes fruit, although I usually wait and have fruit for my morning snack....I am interested in the Special K frozen breakfast sandwiches someone mentioned....but they are probably full of preservatives and/or not available here yet (Canada)