Logging Time for Strength Training?

bstamps12
bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I just started MFP this week, so I'm still trying to learn how to work everything. Under my goals, I entered 5 workouts/week, 60 minutes/workout. When I have logged my exercise though, it only counted the time spent in cardio. I worked out the full hour, half of it cardio and half of it strength training. How do I log the time spent doing exercise other than cardio?

Replies

• bdraney
    bdraney Posts: 1 Member
    you'll find "strength training" under the cardio section.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    I was suprised that the strength logging doesnt show calories burned or you dont earn excercise cals? Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    I was suprised that the strength logging doesnt show calories burned or you dont earn excercise cals? Does anyone else have this problem?

You have to log strength training under the cardio section for it to add calories. The strength training section is really just for you to keep track of your reps.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Be careful with calories burned during strength training. MFP's numbers are way high, I don't log my strength training as cardio (even when I use my HRM and get an accurate calories burned count).
This discussion has been closed.