shoe question!

mkoff32
mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I know absolutely nothing when it comes to running shoes. I know finding the right shoe is essential to running, any tips? I wear a size 15 and have flat feet (although I just got orthotic inserts, which have helped a ton!). Are trail running shoes okay to use on the treadmill?

Replies

• HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 642 Member
    If your serious about running , go get fitted, which I am guessing with a size 15 your accustomed to trying to find shoes in your size. There are stores that watch you run, measure your feet, account for your flat feet and then will put you in the best shoe possible. You will pay a hefty price, but you wouldnt settle for a crappy car with holes in the seat would you? They will put you in the most comfortable shoe possible and you can run on anything you like.
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    I'm a low arch girl too, size 11. I went to runners world... and I also have inserts (expensive little buggers, 300...) anywho, they help you! Without them I wouldnt have been able to lose any weight in my shoes. I recommend a runners shoe, even if you don't. It's just better imo.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Look into some of the more specialty shops - such as Fleet Feet, there are similar stores around the US. They properly measure your feet and check your step to get you the right shoe for your feet. Like hosed said, you will most likely be spending more than at a general shoe store, but it's worth the price to make sure you are getting correct support (and thus avoiding injury!). Having the correct type of shoe for what you're doing is important.

If you can't do that, I think New Balance has some larger sizes that might be affordable from a standard shoe or sporting goods store.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.