Souplantation

Options
ConleighS
ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
I know how to count the pre-made salads (which I do not eat), and the soups and breads.... but how do I calculate the fresh salad? Any thoughts?

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Measure the ingredients, enter the information in your journal.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Thanks...

guess I should keep a measuring cup set in my purse for these occassions (lol).
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It sounds like this is a salad bar, is that right? If so, no one knows but you what is in there.

If they are packaged meals the nutrition facts should be on their site.

If not, you have to measure the ingredients or estimate.

Be careful, I had a salmon salad a month ago which had 1150 calories.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Yes, souplantation is a Salad bar, with pre-made "tossed" salads, pre-made mixed salads along with fresh veggies galore. There are also sections with various breads, soups and hot pastas. Most of which are pretty tasty. I pretty much stick with 1 low fat bread, 1 c low fat soup and fresh salad/veggies - try to put dressing on side and dip fork otherwise only use about 2 tablespoons of dressing....
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Soup Plantation (called "Sweet Tomatoes" where I'm from) is good about having all their premade food (like soups, foccacias, and desserts" up on the nutrition portion of their website. You can find it with a google search. You're on your own for the salad bar and things that need to be scooped (abd hus arent preportioned) like mashed potatoes or their mousse. You'll have to do your best to guesstimate the amounts that you use.

Some tips:
    the ladle used for soups is 1/2 cup (I'm almost certain)
    The containers provided for salad dressing hold 1 ounce
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Thank you... I got everything figured out and on logged in...sadly my 1 c of soup was low in everything BUT sodium (950MG!!!! ) so will have to be careful with that!
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    I measure what I use and log eat ingredient individually.