Hello Everyone!

Options
I'm Lindsay and I'm excited about tracking every bit of food that I cram in my mouth. Ha. But really, I am. I need to be more realistic about what all I'm eating.

I'm 32, 5'6" and entirely too big. I would like to lose between 80-100 pounds. That's insane to even type that. Yikes. I also have a non-functioning thyroid gland (complication from a past surgery) so losing weight now is a lot harder than it used to be.

I've gained weight in my 20s, but it never got out of control and I was always able tot ake it off. Now with the thyroid issue, it just piled on and I waited entirely too long to start doing something about it. Ugh.

I joined Club Fitness back in the beginning of December 2012 to work with a trainer a few times to see what I liked doing and what worked for me. Now that is over and I found that I love....dance classes! Who knew? I am so uncoordinated but I like to think I have some rhythm...so Zumba and Cardio Dance are happening each week! It's a fantastic cardio workout and I feel amazing after. On top of that, I've been mixing in other forms of cardio (treadmill, bike, etc.) and some weights for my other workout days.. So my exercise plan is set, I just need to stick to it!

Which leads me to tracking calories - this is HUGE. And I sucked at it before so hopefully I'll be great at it now. My wonderful boyfirend has a little weight to lose and has been doing so well with his eating (and working out), so I want to be on the same page as he is. Especially since we live together! He's so supportive. :heart:

I'm hoping to be realistic about losing weight this time - I think that was my problem in the past. I expected crazy results waaaay too quickly. After seeing failure with those nutty diets, I'm a little more aware of what the healthier way of doing things is like. I also didn't take my normal day-to-day life into account. For example, I drink alcohol. Usually 2 nights a week, depending on the plans. I used to drink a hell of a lot more when I was in my 20s, but I decided that's not necessary anymore and I don't want to put that much alcohol into my body. I also have a love/hate relationship with Taco Bell. It's like the bad boyfriend that just won't go away and there's a sliver of you that just doesn't want him to. Ugh.

So I'm here now, trying to do a little self-improvement. Well, a lot of self-improvement. Ha. In the past there were so many things in my life that weren't quite going right and I just ate the stress away. Now I really have nothing to complain about except my weight. And THAT is something that I can fix! So I'm feeling pretty good about that. I'd love to make some friends on here who are supportive and ready to kick fat's *kitten*! :tongue:

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    congrats on making that decision to change. That's what it's all about.....making that decision and just doing it. (no not stealing from nike) I've been trying to get my wife into the gym for the zumba classes and she keeps telling me she isn't coordinated enough....I just kinda laugh and tell her it's not about being able to dance. Anywho...you are most welcome to friend me. I try to be supportive to all my friends and all are pretty darn supportive of me in return....however...don't be surprised if I don't throw a little humor in the mix :)
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Lets get started then shall we! :-)
  • pandia17
    Options
    Tell your wife to go to Zumba! I am so uncoordinated when it comes to the footwork but it's pretty easy to catch on. It's fun and it's a great cardio workout. I also do a cardio dance class and that isn't quite as intense, but still a great workout. I was scared to go to these classes because I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up, learn the steps and generally feel stupid. But I'm so glad I went! You never know until you try!

Just sent you a friedn request - thanks!