Avocados

Options

Replies

• Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I eat halves with a little salt and some lemon juice! Perfection!

And it's good fats so don't get freaked when you see the calories and the grams from fat.

Mmmmm. I'm going grocery shopping tonight. I need to pick some up!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    WOWW that Caribbean Jerk Chicken & Mango Stuffed Avocados sounds delish! Thank you for sharing!! :)
  • Leigh012976
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Those recipes sound so delicious!! My step mom made this really awesome guacamole the other day and I found myself nibbling on just the avacados. I have always heard they were high in fat so I never paid much attention to them. However, I have read they are the "healthy fat" and a good thing to eat. I just may have to copy all those recipes:happy:
  • mmoister79
    Options
    I LOVE avocados in a salad. It adds a great texture and flavor!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Avocados = delicious and healthy. Yay healthy fats.

I eat avocados by themselves (a great breakfast), in smoothies, on salad, in eggs (scrambled or omelet), in fajitas (I don't use a wrap, just pile everything on a bed of lettuce), stuffed inside a chicken breast, in homemade salad dressings, mashed on fish, etc.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Google avocado chocolate mousse and avocado chocolate puddings. I haven't tried it myself but I've heard they're really delicious :happy:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I made some fish tacos the other evening. Just mashed the avocados, added some cilantro, some finely chopped onions, lime to taste, and some tomatoes. Grilled the fillets, three minutes each side depending on thickness...seasoned with some McCormick's Montreal Seasoning. Put the fillet in the tortilla, smother some of the avocado mix...golden.

Made some jasmine rice to go along with the meal. I make my evening meal the hardiest, but that's all subjective.
    That's odd...the image was cut off. Protien-38G Sugar-6G Sodium-650G

FishTacos.jpg
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Here's 2 new Recipes I just tried: :smile:

Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Serves 2)

1 Avocado, soft & ripe
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/4 Cup cocoa powder
    1/4 Cup maple syrup
    6 T. milk

Put all in the blender & blend until smooth.

Frozen fruit Avocado Smoothie (Serves 2)

1/2 Cup frozen fruit (blueberries or strawberries, etc)
    1 Avocado
    1 Cup milk
    1/2 Cup plain low fat yogurt
    1/4 Cup oats

Blend Oats in blender until finely blended.
    Add rest of ingredients & serve.

The Pudding is Fabulous!! I used sugar free maple syrup & lite original soymilk. It made 3 Servings. :happy:

The Smoothie was thick & OK. I used strawberries & lite orginal soymilk.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You will have to let me know how it turns out. I will do my grocery shopping next weekend so I may pick up some avacados.

On a side note, what does "bump" mean. I have seen this in other posts and just wondered what it means.

Here you go. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/827972-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-3-4
  • SandraMayo
    Options
    I like to cut them up with a little salt and or lemon juice
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I simply cut off the top and spoon it . I love 'em !
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't like to waste calories on chips so when I make guacamole, I eat it with a fork. I make personal dishes of simple guac. Scoop one avocado into bowl, mash into large chunks with a fork. Add salt, minced garlic, and lime juice to taste. Stir. Put in mouth. I make scrambled egg whites on toast in the morning; I add this simple guac and spinach and jalapeno salsa.
  • LacyJean1
    LacyJean1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love them with sliced up with just a squirt of lemon juice.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    mash up the avocado and mix with tuna instead of mayo. i put mine into a wrap, soooooo yummy! and better for you than mayo!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    OMG! I love avocados. Lol.

This week we had homemade chicken tortilla soup which you serve with fresh avocado on top.

Also I love to make big *kitten* healthy sandwiches with avocado slices, turkey, red bell pepper, tomato lettuce.

And the best compliment to avocado is lime and cilantro.

And since avocados can be pricey at times, I love the Wholly Guacamole 100 cal packs. Great to eat with omelets, on sandwiches, or lettuce wrap burgers.

Brittany
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use them as mayo or sliced they are delish with apple, and turkey/chicken/pork. :)
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I love them cubed on a slice of wheat toast with salt and pepper. YUM and so simple!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love them! Eat them on anything, salads, eggs, burgers, or just plain!