To View or Not to View other people's Diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    it depends.

it mostly helps me add to the list of foods that are healthy options. Lets me see things I may not have thought of eating.... options of more variety.

I like to look at other people's diaries who are already in good shape. lol. Obviously it's working, right? haha. So those are motivational.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I check them. I'll comment if their calories are major low. But I try to start a conversation, about foods they like that I do, or things I don't know what they are etc. I don't know if I'm inspired or just use it as a way to learn more about my friends.
  • aimeeernest
    Options
    I also agree, any comment is a helpful comment. even the people who I know say "good job" to everyone.... it still helps me when I get that comment.
  • aimeeernest
    Options
    I look at them sometimes but it's really more because I'm nosy than for motivation.

^ On top of the other reasons, this too!

okay yeah, this is me. lol
  • campranger
    Options
    How do you someone's dairy? New to the site.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Motivating, and keeping mine open helps me stay accountable too.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I view other's diaries and let them view mine so I can get ideas on what they eat and add more variety. I keep mine as public also for the accountability it helps me stay on track.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's a two way street. I keep mine open because it ensures that I keep myself accountable. I like to view my friend's diaries as they have some very tasty foods showing. I get some great ideas from them. And I like that other people do on occasions eat fast food or drink alcohol like I do. And sometimes I just love seeing that my NZ pals have had a NZ treat that I just can't buy here. Nostalgia. *Sigh*
  • val95kb
    val95kb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How do you someone's dairy? New to the site.

If you are looking at someone's profile, you can view their diary if you see a button that says "View Diary".
  • kellbell_2740
    Options
    It's good for some people. It can be motivating and inspiring, as well as inspiring some friendly competition. And your friend doesn't even have to know about that;) And as long as the friend has their diary set to public, he/she must not mind if you see!
  • 2boned
    2boned Posts: 44
    Options
    Great for food ideas, and sometimes it's just funny...Question: "Why am I not losing Weight?" ANswer: "Because you ate 2 pizzas today"

Effin hilarious!
  • DelilahFreeman
    DelilahFreeman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am all for viewing diaries (ideas on low cal and clean eat foods) and also would love any feedback on my own diary entries. I need to be called on the carpet when I eat something that is inappropriate for my goals and/or health. I also am always interested in other people's dietary beliefs. I've met so many enthusiasts on mfp- it's always neat to follow their personal ideals. Add me, diary users!!
  • kslibbin
    kslibbin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like to see new ideas on what foods to eat. I like to see what my besties are eating too so I can help motivate them and they can motivate me if I take a turn in the wrong direction.