any1200 calorie ladies want to be friends

Options

Replies

• xklofx
    xklofx Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 (tend to go over just a little on some days), feel free to add me! I've been looking for new supportive people on here who can also motivate me to work harder! :)
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    that is because they are uneducated. they don't know the difference between empty vs healthy calories. Jillian Michaels says for women we need to eat between 1200-1400 calories. I go with the professional and the one who has a degree in that field. as opposed to an amateur.
  • vonon1
    vonon1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find it very difficult to eat 1,200 calories, haven't managed it yet and not through not trying. It's working and that's the main thing, even after being in bed for a week with the flu I still lost. Feel free to add me.
  • peggy822
    peggy822 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on 1290 a day. Lost 30 lbs last year but just started MFP in dec. add me!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    OP and i are already friends. I started MFP at 234 and didn't lose weight listening to the bro science people here so joined WW in May and am now 167 pounds. I listened to my nutritionist, dr's and biology professor who has a PHD and was able to lose weight at 1200 calories. Yes I do go over but I exercise and burn off the excess and sometimes a bit more. They have all told me that for my age, height etc I should eat 1200 calories a day. To lose weight burn off some of that. I eat healthy low cal foods that are filling.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    WOW! 1200 calories? Is that a hard adjustment? What does your daily food look like? I lowered my calorie intake to 1650. It isn't difficult to stay in range of that, but having trouble with keeping my fat grams under! Any advice and/ tricks?

No its not hard at all.
    Eat foods like fresh fruits and veggies, oatmeal, egg whites, lean meats. Low calorie fresh foods are healthier and more filling and stay with you longer than those high calorie processed junk and cut back on the breads and pastas. I do occasionally have pasta but don't care for it. Sits like a brick in my gut so I don't eat it much at all. I eat a lot of lagoons, greek yogurt, salmon, boneless skinless chicken breasts.
  • kmckinleywv
    kmckinleywv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll play. :)
    I've almost hit my 60lb goal and I've got about 30 more pounds to work off.
  • bjrocks0731
    bjrocks0731 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! :)
    I will add you, I'm 5'1" short, lol, so my daily allowance to lose is 1200, unless I get in some good excercise, then I can eat a bit more. I think because of my short stature, I do ok with the 1200 calories, as long as I get them from lots of fruits, veggies, & lean protein. I am rarely hungry.....of course I drink gallons of water/day too! Take care and I look forward to getting to know you!! :)
  • lscully117
    Options
    Your more than welcome to add me. I am about the same as you I started at 197 and am down to 191.. doing 1200 cal a day and am everyday I am under. . PLEASE ADD ME
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cal a day too! But I'm doing the 30 day Bikram yoga challenge so burn an average of 800 calories most days, plus hike one day on the weekend so that day I eat what I want.

2 weeks in 5 lbs - feeling quite good, though last few days diet has really slipped!!

Feel free to add me!!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I'm n about 1350 but I do eat most of my extra exercise calories a day as well:blushing:
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    I will be adding all of you. I had a thought since there are so many 1200 calorie people what would you think of starting a private group for all of us to post our success. that way we can support each other. be bash free. let me know if you would be interested.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    there is a group for people who eat 1200 to 1300 calories a day. I just joined
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    okay can you tell me where it is I would love to join it
  • HJMAYES
    HJMAYES Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 a day, but end up with more after my workouts. I definitely don't starve at 1200 a day, because I eat 5 times a day. I don't have time to get hungry. LOL
    It's WHAT you eat, and HOW OFTEN you eat it that counts to weight loss. :)
    Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for motivation. :)
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    I am set at 1200! I am only down about 20 lbs over 8 months and have about 15 more to lose.
    Feel free to friend me!
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! :) I've been aiming for 1200 every day.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I find it very strange no one that is eating 1600, 1800 or 2000+ and losing is opening threads like this one. Don't think I've seen any so far. There is no need for most people to eat this little to lose. I ate 1200 for quite a while till I was told it was very low and i'm only short and am older too.

WORD
  • mschinaboo2u
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie too please feel free to add me
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I'm at 1200. I'm currently at 150 and working towards 140. I actually find it difficult to get all my calories in when I'm eating clean....