Calorie statistics

Options
dinos
dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
Since I’m keeping track of everything I eat, I arbitrarily grouped the foods I’ve been eating the last 32 days in 10 categories:

FOOD GROUP Calories % of Total
Cereals 11.099 19,0%
Meat & Fish 10.651 18,2%
Fruit & Vegetables 8.881 15,2%
Snacks & Sweets 8.563 14,6%
Alcohol 5.353 9,1%
Dairy 4.514 7,7%
Coffee 2.726 4,7%
Oil/Olives 2.398 4,1%
Pasta 2.342 4,0%
Rice & Pulses 1.996 3,4%

Interpreting the numbers showed for example that if I stayed away from snacks, sweets and alcohol I could have saved myself about 14.000 calories (roughly the equivalent of 4 lbs).
These figures are very helpful, as they allow me to make the necessary adjustments to my daily routine.

Replies

• hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    wowwy!
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats a great idea!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    very interesting!
  • ystergis
    ystergis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wise! I'd been having 2 g&ts a day and then wine. When I started recording on this site, I gave up alcohol completely. That was a huge improvement. My doctor, however, almost imposed that I go back to 2 glasses of red wine a day. She said latest research proved that it's necessary as it boosts liver metabolism and its nutrients and antioxidants are incomparable. So I went back to having 1.5 to 2 glasses of red wine daily.
    Regarding cakes and puddings, what really messes us up (she says) is the combination of sugar and fat, which she calls "a nuclear bomb to your metabolism". Therefore, I normally have "glyko koutaliou" every now and then, or a small tile of dark, sugarless chocolate.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I had all the data in my food diary anyway, so I exported it in Excel and started playing with the numbers. Amazing the things you can discover.
    Another thing I realized is that after 5 weeks of diet I don't need big quantitties of food anymore, but the food I allow myself to eat must taste good. A glass of good wine is always an excellent choice. - Makes you feel better as well.