Healthy non-dairy coffee creamer?

Options
Does it exist? I've tried drinking my coffee black - I don't like it. I don't want the coffee mate stuff - too processed. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    soy milk or almond milk
  • Jennifer217B
    Options
    My daughter does unsweetened coconut milk.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I'll give them a shot. I use Almond Milk in cereal...maybe it won't be too bad in the coffee...
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking coffee if you don't actually enjoy it. Almond and soy milk are arguably processed.
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What about 1/2 & 1/2??
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I put half a scoop of chocolate protein powder in 1/4 cup of almond milk, stir or whisk, then add to coffee , yummy with protein ! Or go for some baileys :drinker:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Condensed/evaporated milk, sweetened or not.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    Options
    I love coffee and don't want to give it up - I just like a little half & half in it - no sugar. I've tried it black and I don't like it as much. Dairy bothers my belly though. I've given up cheese, use Almond Milk in cereal. The half & half is the last thing I'm using. I tried the almond milk...not quite as creamy. I may try the unsweetend Coconut Milk...
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For the coconut millk, try the canned and not the refrigerated cartoned milk. It's much creamier and has less additives.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i love coffee but don't like it much black. before I got hooked up with a local milk provider, I had trouble finding a "green" creamer source.

I learned that raw cashews food processed with almond milk until a cream consistency worked REALLY WELL.

almond milk alone wasn't creamy enough for me
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    someone else had a similar post/question this morning, lol. my response: find a good bean and grind your own. a nice cup of coffee doesnt need enhancements, while the nasty grinds you find on the supermarker shelves must have additives to make it enjoyable. just my personal opinion. i love, love, love coffee, and i do add small amts of creamers or 1/2&1/2 if i am out of the good stuff.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    Options
    For the coconut millk, try the canned and not the refrigerated cartoned milk. It's much creamier and has less additives.

Good tip - I'll definitely try this out.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    Options
    i love coffee but don't like it much black. before I got hooked up with a local milk provider, I had trouble finding a "green" creamer source.

I learned that raw cashews food processed with almond milk until a cream consistency worked REALLY WELL.

almond milk alone wasn't creamy enough for me

That sounds really good!
  • robpbeachbod
    Options
    i get an almond and cashew half and half "cream" for my coffee! have to get it at the health food store in the fridge section - so good!!! and dairy free!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    Options
    i get an almond and cashew half and half "cream" for my coffee! have to get it at the health food store in the fridge section - so good!!! and dairy free!

I wonder if Whole Foods would have this - what is the brand? And thanks for the resonse...! :-)
  • robpbeachbod
    Options
    i just checked mine - lol - the brand is "mimiccreme" i don't have a wholefoods nearby but i'm sure they do have it!!!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    Options
    thank you, thank you!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and don't want to give it up - I just like a little half & half in it - no sugar. I've tried it black and I don't like it as much. Dairy bothers my belly though. I've given up cheese, use Almond Milk in cereal. The half & half is the last thing I'm using. I tried the almond milk...not quite as creamy. I may try the unsweetend Coconut Milk...

I will NEVER give up my coffee either-LOL. Probably is how many cals I use with my creamer. I found fat-free half-n-half is decent but still processed. I've tried almond milk in my coffee and didn't like it. Maybe the coconut will be better!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wow-the cals aren't too shabby on the mimiccream!

http://www.mimiccreme.com/nutrition.html
  • nsalerno90
    Options
    I put half a scoop of chocolate protein powder in 1/4 cup of almond milk, stir or whisk, then add to coffee , yummy with protein ! Or go for some baileys :drinker:

This is a great idea -- just mixed muscle milk into my coffee -- not a bad way to add some grams of protein. Thanks!