Ready for change, and more focused than i've been....

Options
Hi all,
My name is Jennifer. I've always been on the heavier side and I am finally at a point where I feel focused and motivated to push myself towards losing those unwanted pounds. I have a daughter who is quickly moving into the teen years and I want to keep her healthy and aware as well. I really don't want her to grow up miserable with her body as I have been for the last 30 years. I'd love any advice or encouragement that anyone has to offer. I wish you all well in reaching your goals as well!!

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    This is wonderful, introducing healthy life styles for our families is extremely important. I have no doubt you will do a wonderful job of this. Well wishes to you on your journey and welcome to MFP. There is always tons of wonderful support and encouragement here, no matter the occasion. :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I really, really admire you for wanting to set a good, healthy example for your children, as my parents did not do this for me. Our forums are awesome so don't be shy!!
  • nissa36
    nissa36 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Luck on reaching your goals. I am also ready for a change and have been really focused with my cousins help. We are in a friendly competition with eachother and have been really focused. I also want to be healthy for my 5yr old son, who is very active. So, kudos to you.