mfps what do you think is going on?

Options
ok so i posted earlier on here about my weigh in with my new scales they told me i was up by 10lbs!! :sad: .
I normally weigh myself in stones, i then changed the setting into kg weighed in and wrote this down, i did the same with lbs and wrote it down aswell.
I sat myself on the internet and used a converter .......the lbs and kg reading both converted into stones was how much i was hoping to be......it didnt show a gain but the stones was showing that much of a gain! I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND!.
I weighed in stones the first three times and it showed 3 different results 2lbs apart what are your thoughts pleassseeee guys im so confused :huh:

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    ok so i posted earlier on here about my weigh in with my new scales they told me i was up by 10lbs!! :sad: .
    I normally weigh myself in stones, i then changed the setting into kg weighed in and wrote this down, i did the same with lbs and wrote it down aswell.
    I sat myself on the internet and used a converter .......the lbs and kg reading both converted into stones was how much i was hoping to be......it didnt show a gain but the stones was showing that much of a gain! I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND!.
    I weighed in stones the first three times and it showed 3 different results 2lbs apart what are your thoughts pleassseeee guys im so confused :huh:

I'm not sure I understand but it sounds a bit like whatever scale you are using to weigh in stones is not working correctly.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    your standing on hard flooring right? not carpet?
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    your standing on hard flooring right? not carpet?
    yup and all these readings are on the same scale same place i really dont get it :(
  • khadijak17
    Options
    i knew the scale lied but mines turned out to be a complete monster!!! im guessing i should give it back or for less hassle weigh in kg and then convert or even weigh in lbs the stone side is a no go i'll try again tomorrow :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should consider investing in a new set of scales as the ones you have seem to be broken
  • khadijak17
    Options
    is it ok to take the kgs or lbs as they were both my true weight and for the time being convert them into stones? if your a certain weight in kg it just converts right? its not possible that x amounts of lbs can be different to what they would be if converted into stones right?
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale that was broken. I set the scale on a hard even floor and stepped on 3 times in a row and there was a 10 pound variance. Since I highly doubt a "lost" 10 pounds in a matter of seconds, I returned the scale. I felt a little awkward returning it and telling them it was broken. I'm sure they thought I just wasn't happy with the weight it told me. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Well if it is not calculating stones/pounds/kgs correctly, it either needs a new battery, or a level hard floor, or you need a new scale.
  • khadijak17
    Options
    i havent actually got back on it dreading it might put me up higher overnight or something but there definetley is something going on 2 out of three settings seem to be right ill probably give it back and get the exact same one my friend owned and i used that scale liked me lol :happy:
  • jcolier
    jcolier Posts: 64
    Options
    Weigh yourself 10 times and take the average. I doubt bathroom scales are very accurate!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    is it ok to take the kgs or lbs as they were both my true weight and for the time being convert them into stones? if your a certain weight in kg it just converts right? its not possible that x amounts of lbs can be different to what they would be if converted into stones right?

Right. You weigh what you weigh regardless of the unit of measure.