Gaining Weight as Baby Weans Herself

Options
nsondy
nsondy Posts: 17 Member
I have always been a touch overweight, but a few years ago I really let the pounds creep up. Over the course of 18 months I gained 30 pounds. I got pregnant while I was overweight, and gained and gained and gained. After having the baby, I breast fed and lost weight. Since she was born, I lost all of the baby weight and 20 of the extra pounds simply by eating healthy, but more food than normal. Because I was nursing I was actually able to consume 2000 calories a day, something I've never been able to do without gaining weight.

Well, long story short.... the baby is weaning herself now, and the pounds are slowly starting to creep back on. I am having a hard time cutting back to my normal 1600 -1800 calories after eating 2000-2200 for two years (pregnancy and breast feeding). I was stable at 142 for six months until last month, and now I am up to 146. That might not sound like a lot to some, but I'm a small woman and 4 lbs is the difference between a size 8 and size 10.

The other thing is, even though I am just barely sitting at the top of the "healthy" weight range, I have no muscle. It's all fat. I don't just want to "diet," but to get back into shape, gain some muscle and lose some fat. Thanks for listening and I can't wait to read all of the excellent advice on this board.