XBOX Kinect

Options
We have an XBox Kinect and when the fitness center is closed I use it as a workout, we only have the game "adventures" it provides a good workout and keeps your body moving.....and I do have plans to buy the Biggest Loser game in the future, I hear its intense. The only thing is that I am unable to track it in my 'exercise' section correctly, so I simply just use 'aerobics' to log my exercise. Does anyone know what the correct calories burned would be? Or is it in the search area and I'm just not writing it correctly?
It may sound anal and you may think I could just keep using 'aerobics' but it only seems right to log the correct calorie burn for the exercise..... :-/

Replies

• xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I suggest a HRM, even the kinect games that say they track calories aren't accurate. Ive done the adventures game and I would call it light aerobics though so your probably fairly safe there, but an HRM is the way to go. Zumba for Kinect was overestimating me by like hundreds of calories and its pretty aerobic. I burned 300 in 70 minutes according to my HRM where the game said I burned 900.
  • mthreefingers
    mthreefingers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, the 'light' aerobics seems more accurate.
    But what is HRM?
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor...they can be kinda spendy I picked mine up for $38 its an oregon scientic, Its not the best in the world but it gets the job done and gives me (I feel) a way more accurate count of my calories burned.

lol the first time I did adventures it kicked my butt doing the obsticle course's but its unfortunatly probably not near as many calories as we'd think/like :sad:
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I always struggle with feeling like I have the exercise tracked properly. I use the kinect daily for my workout. One thing to let you know though is that if you are looking to get a "game" I have to HIGHLY recommend Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout. It is amazing! I have biggest loser as well and I did it once and said forget it. Don't like it at all. The great thing about Hollywood Workout is the calories burned seems to be very accurate. :)
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    Options
    I just searched for the Hollywood Workout I may have to try that, although I love my Zumba mixing it up would be good. I played Demo for biggest loser and wasnt impressed either. I will say though Bob Harpers workout vidoes are my favorite and super inexpensive!
  • mthreefingers
    mthreefingers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thats great advice you guys. Now I'm gonna look into the HRM and borrow my sisters biggest loser and buy the Hollywood workout. lol....
    But where can the HRM be purchased? GNC? Walmart?
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    Options
    I got mine I think at walgreens. Any kind of drugstore and certainly walmart will have one...I think this is the one I have http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/oregon-se102.html

If Price isnt an issue, I would have splurged and got the Polar that everyones always raving about it looks like they've come down in price a bit thought. Good luck!
  • martina2611
    Options
    I know how you feel. I always struggle with feeling like I have the exercise tracked properly. I use the kinect daily for my workout. One thing to let you know though is that if you are looking to get a "game" I have to HIGHLY recommend Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout. It is amazing! I have biggest loser as well and I did it once and said forget it. Don't like it at all. The great thing about Hollywood Workout is the calories burned seems to be very accurate. :)

I've been looking for some more "games" it's great to get other peoples advice on what's good.