Subway shortage!

Options
dad106
dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/subway-foot-longs-coming-short-191925939--abc-news-deals.html

Frankly, I never eat Subway as I find it disgusting.. but the fact that people actually measure their subs, cracks me up.

Replies

• IsabellaC45
    IsabellaC45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love Subway, but have avoided since trying to lose weight.

What made me laugh was a sign that read "For 30cm subs, double the calories in 15cm subs."

Like, no ****?! :P
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... I eat subway... but that's because it's within walking distance, better than Wendy's, and cheaper than all the other surrounding resturants... I don't get the foot longs... but I did notice there is no exact measurement when they cut the bread either... not that I care as I usually don't eat the whole sandwich anyway.
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've heard lots of bad things about subway and it's sad to me. I eat it occasionally, especially when on the road. I figure it's healthier than most other fast foods. Sure beats a burger and fries. I like subs and I like subway. I always get a 6inch so I don't care that it's a bit shorter. Just less calories to put in :)
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I eat at Subway all the time. I don't mind if my Veggie Delight is only 11" because it's less calories for me. The veggie sub is also one of the cheapest.

However, if I EVER caught them making my Steak & Cheese (I really miss that sub) 11", there would be hell to pay. That sub is one of the most expensive!
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Everyone, the bread is pre-made, so whether or not the bread itself is 12" or 11", it's the same amount of bread. It either is shorter and taller or more compact or longer and thinner.