NSVs

Just wanted to share some of my NSV experiences since joining, which was only back on Christmas. I've lost around 20 lbs so far. Not doing anything extreme, just following my daily goals for the most part and exercising whenever I get the chance. Started at 270. (I'm 5'7 1/2)

-The only jeans that I wear started out very very tight and hard to button, especially after first being washed, but are now starting to fit loosely and look baggy.
-Tops that I used to have to constantly tug down to hide my gut now easily cover it.
-I am progressively able to do longer elliptical workouts at a faster pace, and am now buring 200-400 calories doing that 5 days a week. That's going from extremely sedentary.
-Today I ran across the street all the way up to the door of the store I was running to and I didn't feel tired or out of breath. Before I could not run without huffing and puffing even for a few seconds.
-I can resist the temptation to snack on chips or cookies or anything like that late at night, even when I'm taunted by my boyfriend. =P
-I choose the lowest calorie options IF I "have to" go to a fast food place. Taco Bell and McDonald's used to be my Pig Out Centrals.
-I never feel overfull. In fact, I enjoy the feeling of being hungry (just not for too long) since I didn't feel it much before.
-I am learning to enjoy the flavors of various veggies and fruits.
-I have cut back on (almost eliminated) added sugar and salt.
-I don't drink pop or really anything but water and sometimes milk (but I want to switch to almond or soy).

I probably could list a lot more, but all these especially let me know that I can go all the way with this and get rid of the 90 lbs I still have to murder to get to my goal weight! Joining MFP and sticking to it is a decision that has changed my life and will continue to. I'm very happy and I know it will only get better and better. =)

Replies

• shadykatiekate
    shadykatiekate Posts: 41 Member
    Good job! Keep it up! :)
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Those are fantastic NSVs! ;) Great job - keep up the good work and remember to keep taking time to notice the little (and sometimes big) improvements/differences - they are a great source of inspiration!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Good job, keep it up.oh and by the way could you please tellme what nsv is?
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    NSV= Non-Scale Victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!