What's for dinner tonight?

Options
13»

Replies

• QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    A cup of roasted chicken meat [chopped / shredded] on a whole wheat bagel with lettuce, roma tomato, cream cheese and a stalk of celery on the side [freakin' love celery].
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I had muffugin' turkey bizurgers yo
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    Crock pot beef stew with potatoes and vegetables...perfect for this snowy evening!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thursday is soup night at our house so I have a pot of bacon corn chowder brewing up right now....reduced sodium version (no added salt, reduced sodium chicken broth, extra onion and garlic) My husband picked up a baguette to go with and my daughter just asked to have pineapple for dessert cause she found a can in the cupboard so there you have it. Next up for soup night: the popular vote is leaning toward curry at the moment :o)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Made Chicken Curry Stir Fry tonight with Broccoli, Green Beans, Mushrooms, and Red Peppers :)

110ls1i.jpg

Fancy sharing the recipe as that looks really nice!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    15 bean soup (leftovers from dinner that I cooked in my slowcooker on Tuesday)
  • wetuscox
    wetuscox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cold Night = Potato Soup!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i am making eggplant parm (recipe from skinnytaste) when i get home from work.

an easy go to meal for me is a stir fry with shirataki noodles if you have them, if not then rice or quinoa or whatever, with lots of veggies and a protein source, like tofu or meatless chicken. quick and easy!
    0517021806-1.jpg

or you can make egg whites with veggies and add some cheese, or use whole eggs. very tasty
    0116130936_zpse763aa50.jpg

i made this the other day, also quick and easy. chickpea salad, used plain greek yogurt and added spices to it (instead of mayo) - ground pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chives, dill weed. put it in a pita flat with lettuce you can add other things as well though, very filling and tasty! or you can use mayo instead and make it as if you were making a tuna salad. or, just make tuna salad instead lol
    0116131159a_zps60583a70.jpg
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I had a seasoned center cut pork chop, wild rice & peas. Yum!!!
  • liannesaut
    liannesaut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    leftover pork from last night (which I did in the slow cooker with an oriental marinade and served with cauliflower fried rice and roasted cabbages + apples) put in half a pita with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and tzatziki, plus a greek salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, feta and more tzatziki and a bit of leftover cabbage. I usually do a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker once a week - lasts us two or three meals. Tonight I also prepped whole wheat pizza dough and salad fixin's for tomorrow's dinner and ground chicken and bean chilli and whole wheat buns for Saturday's lunch.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    We had Browned Butter Gnocchi with Broccoli and Pine Nuts from the Jan/Feb issue of Cooking Light magazine with a side of Oven-Roasted Tomatoes from Joy Bauer's Slim and Scrumptious. The only thing I did different for the kids and husband was make them breadsticks and shaved parmesan for a garnish over the gnocchi. It was all yummy!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Fancy sharing the recipe as that looks really nice!

Coconut Curry Stir Fry
    2 tbsp UNREFINED, raw organic coconut oil
    3 tbsp curry powder
    Splash lemon juice
    chopped veggies, (I used broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, and red peppers!)
    chicken strips (or shrimp/scallops)

In a skillet, warm the coconut oil and saute chicken until cooked thoroughly. Add veggies and simmer (but don’t let your veggies lose color!). Sprinkle the curry and lemon juice. (if using shrimp, don’t add until the end)

Also- I added sea salt and pepper when I was cooking the chicken and added some ground ginger and dark chili powder along with the curry powder to give it some extra kick! This was spicy and delish!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My go-to when my dh isn't home (or for lunch) is two small yellow corn tortillas topped with oven roasted deli turkey and mozzarella cheese. Pop it in the microwave for 1 minute. Add 1/4 of avocado to the both of them and top with salsa. Delish!!

Ok.. you just gave me my dinner idea.. I don't know how what you said turned into this idea.. but. .it did. LOL.. i've got chicken strips that I will pan fry wrap in a tortilla with salsa, avocado, hot sauce, and lettuce.. My mouth is watering. LOL hmm. .maybe some onion.. i also want to make stuffed mushrooms..

My son can have that or lasagna. I just can't eat lasagna again.. LOL!!
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Leftover Chicken and Dumplings
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    haha.. somehow that turned into beer batter chicken which is currently cooking in my oil-less fryer.. Crossing my fingers that it's good! Never made it before! Hmm.. I can still wrap it up with all the toppings.. orr.. maybe stuff the mushroom with all those toppings?? that would be weird huh.. hmmmm.. I'm in a creative mood tonight. lol
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Homemade lettuce wraps. Wasn't sure how the husband would like them but he requested the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hot and Sour soup with extra mushrooms and tofu and a banana
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Didn't feel like cooking..so we picked up bowls from Chipotle. So dinner was brown rice, black beans, carnitas, corn salsa, a little cheese. And a bit of sour cream and a big pile of shredded romaine. Tasty.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open. You can take a looksy :)