For the newbies: here is what losing 80 pounds is like

Options

Replies

• Deerpark68
    Options
    Excellent! I really needed to read this. I have just started my diet again for the millionth time in my life. I lost 5.2 Pounds the first week and one of those days I was 1000 calories over my goal for the day. then the second week I was extra careful. I even changed eating eggs to egg whites instead of two slices of rye toast with breakfast at Perkins I only ate 1/2 slice with a egg white vegetable omelet and 1/2 pancake with no dressing. I was really good and I gained 2 oz.

I am on my third week and I am hoping for a boost in my morale and to lose at least 2 pounds this week.

Thank you for your story I will print it out and read it each day.

God Bless you and Congratulations :laugh: keep up the good work
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I am in my third month and I swear, what you wrote form month 3 is how I felt this morning after my weigh in!!! My scale hasn't moved and I have been working out so hard.... BUT i will not give up!!
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST:) Thanks for sharing. BTW you look fabulous:)
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Way to capture the ups & downs. You stole my story from the last 8 months! Congratulations on your loss.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this.
  • labgirl77
    labgirl77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Such great dedication, I needed to read this..When I feel like giving up or I keep plateauing and getting frustrated, I will read this to keep myself encouraged...Thank you sooo much for this!!...:) And Congratulations!!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Awesome OP!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Love it! I may not have that much to lose, but it definitely is relatable. Nice work =)

And congrats on your loss!
  • farmgirl1973
    farmgirl1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I'm going to look back at this for lots of inspiration in the months to come.
  • Rhondabill
    Rhondabill Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, and I have +80 to lose, this is so very encouraging, I've saved your post for future referrence.
    I had lost 36 lbs, had galbladder surgery end of November, gained 6lbs throughout the holidays, so I'm at -30 now...third week at the gym, wanting desperately to get the scale moving down once again. Oh, I've continued to log my food 275 days now...just waiting on the scale to move once again.
    Your post was so very encouraging, thanks for taking the time to encourage someone you've never met! And, Congratulations on the 80 lb deficit. You've done a fantastic job!
  • Petrina79
    Petrina79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this. This is exactly how I feel. i'm 2 1/2 months into my weight loss journey and I've faced all those emotions. I'm now hit a plateau but i've decided not to let this deter me. Reading this has showed me that i'm on the right path in this journey and it is something that we will all experience at different points. I just have to stick it out and see it through. Thank you for sharing this
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This is amazing - quite funny too as yep, that's what's going to happen (although some of us; including myself, will go over and over a few of the pointers).

Well done on your loss. Fantastic. x
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    bump. bump buuuuump!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • ClydeFrogRIP
    Options
    Bump.

Saving this to reflect on when I have those 'omg kill me' moments :) Thanks!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    your described my ongoing journey pretty exactly - but for me I would need to add the following lines:

(1) Wow I haven't been logging onto MFP for a while...I'll start again soon, I just need a break
    (2) Man, its been 2 months, and now I've gained 10 pounds back .... its ok, not too bad....but I need to go hard core now or it won't work
    (3) Losing weight is hard...its been a few weeks of going hardcore again and I'm barely losing weight....this was easier before wasn't it? arghh!!
    (4) ok, looks like I'm back in the swing.....half way there only but I feel it...I feel it.

and then you could also add (or I would) countless lines where I gave up for a year, or two, or three.....going all the way back to the beginning....but I'm in it for real this time.

good luck to everyone. feel free to add me if you want a buddy to help you along to the promised land!
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting! This is spot on!
  • newfiegal3958
    newfiegal3958 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    so true, Thanks for posting.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious - and perfect... except for one thing. Every one of those time frames should say "I want cake." at the end.

That's why I'm looking forward to having a wedding one day... THE CAKE!!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I needed this today!! Thanks for the pick me up!! :)