For the newbies: here is what losing 80 pounds is like

Options

Replies

• marie5282
    marie5282 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Definitely going to refer to this whenever I feel like dropping the whole thing. Not there yet, but it's still early and I'm sure it will reach that point eventually. Thanks for posting this!
  • heyjay31
    heyjay31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you and CONGRATS on your success!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Great post! Same sentiments here! Congrats on your fantastic loss as well!
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    This is great! i lost this weight a few years ago and regained it after an injury and have not compounded it with a pregnancy so here I go back on this journey! GL to all of you!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS! It was great to read and realize we just have to move through the ups and the downs. Copy and paste to hang on my fridge.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Awesome and soooooo true.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

18 Months - 80 pounds!!!!! I can't believe I lost 80 pounds!!!! I'm a smaller size than I was in high school!! It's so weird to see myself in the mirror. I'm the same size as my skinny friend. How did that happen? And I'm a single digit size now. Never thought I'd be able to say that!!

Excellent Post - - and so true. My total was 90, and it is so strange for me to be shopping for clothes that I could never fit in during high school. Thanks so much for summarizing it - - and allowing everyone to post confirming that this really is the way it works (and that it's sooooo worth the time, energy and frustration)!!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm on month 5 and I'm really glad I read this.. so far I have followed this pretty closely.. months 3 and 4 weren't so great, reading this gives me hope that I'll hit that halfway point around May and perhaps someday it will all feel like it's worth it!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write this. SO TRUE!!!
  • jencat59
    Options
    So what weight where you and how did you stop craving cream cakes if you did. I mostly crave cream buns I used to crave chocolate but not eating it as much.
  • rochellena
    rochellena Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is perfect. You've really captured all the various stages. Keeping this bookmarked for future reminders that it won't happen overnight.
  • kathy53b
    kathy53b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!!!! I think we forget, it didn't take us a few days to get to this weight and it won't take a few days to take it off. It is a life journey with ups & downs. Thanks for sharing...............
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love love love this. I'm not sure whether you are more mind reader or fortune teller. I guess time will let me know. Great post!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Rock on Skinny Beautiful Babe! WTG! WOwza - YOU DID IT!:flowerforyou:
  • losing101in2013
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    great post! loved it
    :happy:
  • krisgrody
    Options
    I have a 100lbs to lose and I have gained and lost and gained again over the past 6 years because of a lot of these hurdles! I have now realized this is a journey and nothing is going to be fast about it! I now know I have to take 1lbs at a time! Thanks for this post! I want to add you as my friend I hope thats ok. when I want to give up I will remember you did it so can I!
  • kristine_02
    kristine_02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is so true! I've definitely experienced some of these emotions and I'm sure it will continue. It's soo worth it in the end. Thanks for posting! :)
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    saving for later