Weight loss aids ... Thoughts?

Options
A friend of mine has been using adios for a while and she says its great for getting rid of extra inches. I'm not sure though don't weight loss pills just help for a while and then once you've finished you put the weight straight back on? Has anyone used adios or a different pill and lost weight and kept it off or has anyone had bad experiences with any certain pills?

Replies

• blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Adios, the UK's No.1-selling herbal slimming tablets, contain herbal ingredients butternut, dandelion root, boldo and fucus. Combined with a calorie-controlled diet and exercise, they are an effective, natural way to help you lose weight and feel great. *sources from the website*

From what I can see butternut is a nut... nothing special. Danelion, boldo, and fucus are all diueretics, so if you are bloated during your TOM it may be the pill for you, but, you can't pee out poundage.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Can't make temporary changes and expect permanent results.

My weight loss aids are my running shoes and my dumbbells. :bigsmile:
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    the pills that actually "work" are the ones that are using ephedrine or amphetamine spinoffs which are compounds that actually speed and other sh*tty party drugs are made of

so once you are on speed your heart pounds, your mouth is dry and you can go without eating and sleeping on 3 days - but do people actually believe this is without a price I wonder?
    there is serious risk of a heart attack, osteoporosis, stroke, dehydration etc etc - whoever takes these pills is doing lots of damage and makes their internal organs age a million years

i don't even understand how these are allowed

as of herbal - that I believe is placebo at best (placebo is good of course, it just does not work for everyone)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    No thanks.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    the title is correct. AIDS generally leads to weight loss.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    Read through the threads in the "Success Stories" forum and see how many attribute their success to a weight loss "magic pill".

If any of them truly worked, it would be a) sold out, b) impossible to get ahold of and c) quickly regulated by the FDA. They're all clever marketing scams and the only place you lose weight is in your wallet.
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    Read through the threads in the "Success Stories" forum and see how many attribute their success to a weight loss "magic pill".

If any of them truly worked, it would be a) sold out, b) impossible to get ahold of and c) quickly regulated by the FDA. They're all clever marketing scams and the only place you lose weight is in your wallet.

there was a weight loss pill that actually worked. it was called ephedrine. you used to be able to buy "ma hunag" at GNC and the stuff gave you tons of energy, increased your heart rate, and acted as a decent appetite suppressant. then the FDA made it illegal because a few idiots took so much they had heart attacks.

it was like caffeine but much more effective.

now if you want it you have to grow it yourself (which is amazingly still legal).
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    lol
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't think some people died because they took too much. I think they died because they used the pills just as instructed.

Again, no thanks.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Can't make temporary changes and expect permanent results.

My weight loss aids are my running shoes and my dumbbells. :bigsmile:

Haha, this! Oh, and calorie tracking :bigsmile:
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    I don't think some people died because they took too much. I think they died because they used the pills just as instructed.

Again, no thanks.

pretty sure they took too much or they had preexisting major heart issues.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The only aid I use is fueling my body...

Best advise, have a moderate calorie deficit since you have less than 30 lbs to lose (goal should be 1/2 - 1 lb per week) and start doing some weight training. Work on body recomposition, where you can cut fat and retain your lean muscle. Also, eat higher protein to aid your body in retain it's muscle.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    the pills that actually "work" are the ones that are using ephedrine or amphetamine spinoffs which are compounds that actually speed and other sh*tty party drugs are made of

so once you are on speed your heart pounds, your mouth is dry and you can go without eating and sleeping on 3 days - but do people actually believe this is without a price I wonder?
    as of herbal - that I believe is placebo at best (placebo is good of course, it just does not work for everyone)

Hey, you just described my prescription.

Three cheers for giving ADHD kids some speed!