What gadgets do you use?

Options
I just clipped on my brand new Fitbit One, and am excited to start tracking my daily steps and sleep patterns. It got me thinking about how much I love technology and how these tools are so helpful and motivating. So what gadgets and apps do you use on a regular basis? Besides, MFP, of course.

Probably my favorite thing is my heart-rate monitor (Polar FT7). I love, love, love having a HRM. It's great to be able to gauge your intensity level with so much accuracy, and it routinely motivates me to keep exercing in order to get those super high-calorie burns. The other day I was playing around with the data and it reported that I've done 287 workouts since I bought it in July 2011. I love data like that, kinda makes one feel like they are doing something right. Now I would like to upgrade to one with bluetooth so I can sync it to Sportskeeper and whatever else.

I don't know if a scale counts as a gadget, but I do think it's a very motivating tool. (I also want a bluetooth scale.)

Other than a few apps, that's pretty much all I use. I wish I had more, I love them.

Replies

• BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    33556398.jpg
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I use a simple HRM (with chest band) to count cals burned, and a simple Sansa mp3 player/radio for tunes.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    When I run I like to have my iPhone c25k ap, or my triathlon times watch ( for ten and ones). I also love my fitbit:)
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit one, a Body Media Link band and a Polar FT40 HRM. I like each of them for different reasons.

Fitbit is a great motivator to get more steps in and all activity counts. I love seeing how my friends are doing and having a little competition (if only in my head).

Body Media is good for a full-day calorie burn measurement and sleep monitoring. I find it inaccurate for my personal training sessions.

My HRM is good for any short-term high intensity activity, like running, personal training and bootcamp. I find my HRM states I burn an average of 100 cal. MORE than my Body Media. And the Fitbit is useless for monitoring workouts.

Today, I wore all 3 gadgets, LOL. I guess I'm a gadget girl too!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and my scale which I use far too much! Not sure I love it though.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    33556398.jpg

Yeah - I checked this out just for that! Gadgets can be kinda personal.
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    I love my strap on ... polar ft7 that is and fitbit zip ..
  • Terrytriesharder
    Terrytriesharder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use two watches (one to monitor heart rate and one to monitor time spent walking) an mp3 player and a pedometer. I sometimes get funny looks for the double watches but screw it, I like it :P
  • kslibbin
    kslibbin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just seriously love my fitbit one.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have a fit bit ultra and I use it all the time. Keeps me motivated to try and keep my step count up.
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My inner geek wants a Basis Band, sadly I'm in the UK where they're not available (although looking at the website they're sold out so not available anywhere any more).
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I got a fitbit one and the fitbit aria scale last week and I'm officially obsessed with the One! I've weighed in once but i'm afraid to check my weight again until my official weigh-in on thursday because I know it automatically posts my weight to both fitbit and to mfp. lol. Loving technology.
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip and a Polar FT7 HRM. I used to have a BodyMedia Fit but got sick of paying the monthly fee.