What's up with protein shakes? (A no0b would like to know.)

Options
2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Most of them will have a sweetener added, though you can get plain unflavoured WPI and add your own ingredients (fruit etc) if you prefer.

btw, I wanted to comment on your original post, it seems like you have taken a very sensible approach and have a good plan for your fat loss (resistance and cardio exercise with a reasonable caloric deficit). Nice.

I'd prefer stevia, but if it's just a bit of sugar, I could probably deal with it, especially on a day that I'm being a total beast in the gym.

Thanks for the encouragement--it's sometimes hard to be sensible as a young woman with all the images of super thin ladies out there (I'm sure there's similar pressure for men). As much as I'd love to look like Jillian Michaels or Lolo Jones, realistically, I can just be a fitter, more energetic version of who I am now, and I'm looking forward to that.

You are on the right track to become the best you! Don't worry about comparing to others. You are going to do great things for your health and your appearance!
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i really enjoy the GNC Total Lean chocolate and vanilla shakes for bfast. i just blend some fruit and ice into them. curbs hunger until snack time rolls around which i then turn to baby carrots : )