what does your "1200" calorie menu look like?

Options
HI. I'm 113 pounder (just 5ft) lost 12 lbs and would like to get to 105....so i'm following what the app says to do which is 1200 calories but honestly i find it torturous. Does anyone have any menus for 1200 calories that help keep them full? I find myself eating eggwhites and that helps to keep me full...

Replies

• Honeybea86
    Options
    Check my diary out if your interested its super high in protein which helps me fill up and stay full
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can check my diary but my foods are not very diverse since I am on a limited diet due to intolerance's.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You are probably over extending your goals.. with as little as you have to lose, you should be aiming for 1/2 lb per week. Also, I am assuming you are a bit active since you have three kids? Do you run around with them? If so, then you should be aiming for lightly active. I can bet you can eat 1500-1600 and still lose. Also, concentrate on eating proteins and fats... they are much greater for satiety.
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Check my diary out if your interested its super high in protein which helps me fill up and stay full

your diary is not public so it cannot be viewed
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    When my trainer had me on a 1200 calorie plan, I found that oatmeal in the morning helped (along with egg whites). And at lunch was my favorite food - 1.5 cups brown rice with 6 tbsp pico de gallo, half an avocado and 1 oz of turkey breast all mixed together. I LOVE this stuff. It's my favorite thing for lunch now. And sometimes I substitute guacamole for the salsa and avocado to make it quicker to fix. Keeps me filled up. Warm tea also helps quiet my stomach if I start to feel a bit hungry too soon before my next meal and an apple is a great snack.
  • lippygidg
    lippygidg Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine for ideas ... ( today is not done yet) Im just starting too so if anyone sees something I should do different please tell me :) Im down 8 lbs in 2 weeks though :)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. I'm set at 1300 but am usually closer to 1200. I use South Beach for my guidelines--lots of veggies to fill me up and low sugar to prevent blood sugar spikes.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'll give you a hint - you can eat a lot more than that and lose weight.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like 1200 calories + another 2000 calories for a grand total of about 3200! Thanks!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like 1200 calories + another 2000 calories for a grand total of about 3200! Thanks!

Word.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    172 cups of raw spinach.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    like I get to eat 700 more calories!

1200 calories is way too low for me to stick to. I'm sure that you can eat more than that. In the short run you may lose slower, but it will be a much more pleasant road to follow.

Don't torture yourself ;)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    172 cups of raw spinach.

LOL oh no....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I came in here to say it looks like my breakfast but then realized the OP only weighs 115, which is basically half my weight. For all i know 1200 is the right number for her.

Carry on
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I came in here to say it looks like my breakfast but then realized the OP only weighs 115, which is basically half my weight. For all i know 1200 is the right number for her.

Carry on

Hmm... I'm around 118 and no way I would want to eat 1200 ever again, been there did that before I learned I didn't need to suffer to lose.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You have kids from your pic and less than 10lb to lose. What does putting yourself at lightly active (which you will be at least if you are running around after kids) and 1lb a week set you at?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Carry on
    Think a few people *might* have missed that. She's also 5 ft. tall.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    172 cups of raw spinach.

Or, ^^^^^ this works, too

As a bonus, you'd be super regular
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Carry on
    Think a few people *might* have missed that. She's also 5 ft. tall.

People read 1200 calories and immediately see red.