Calling all housewives :) Just for fun

Options
Here's a few fun things I do throughout my day - does anyone else make mundane tasks a work out??

1) I curled the garbage bag as I brought it from the kitchen to the garage
2) RUN up the stairs with a laundry basket or one of my 40 pound kids
3) Put the laundry basket on the floor while folding and do a squat to pick up each piece
4) Challenge my 5 year old to a plank war - he normally wins (but his form isn't as good lol)

any others?

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ha! Sometimes I race my kids on the way to school! I also take the steps two at a time (using good step-uo form, of course).
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I take the kids to the playground and rather than sit and watch, I use the swings as TRX equipment and do suspension exercises LOL Yes. I look like an idiot
    I am always challenging the kids to a race
    I do calf raises or balance exercises when standing outside watching them play
  • melodykunz
    melodykunz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We joined a family karate class. So we all workout together. On days we don't have karate we all do the calisthenic workout together. It kicks our butt for the most part but we get there. :)
  • Momm22boys
    Options
    I homeschool so I usually spend a majority of the day sitting at the table or desk teaching. I started standing while teaching instead. I also started to participate in their 60 PE time with them. When they play Kinect I jump on and play with them.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ha! Sometimes I race my kids on the way to school! I also take the steps two at a time (using good step-uo form, of course).

Nice one! You didn't mention who normally wins! :)
  • deannajf4
    Options
    I take the kids to the playground and rather than sit and watch, I use the swings as TRX equipment and do suspension exercises LOL Yes. I look like an idiot

I'd rather be a FIT MAMA who looks like an idot than a FAT MAMA who sits calmly on the park bench!! :) Good work!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I fully plan on being on the jungle gym with them at the park!

Good one!
  • Louder4
    Louder4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ha, love this! I force my kids to walk to and from school everyday, even today when it was only 19 degrees out this morning. Do this while pushing the double stroller with a 3 yr old, 11 month old, and 2 older kids back packs. When we get to school we make a lap around school grounds, then say our good byes. My older kids have now given up asking if we can drive. It's 40 extra minutes of cardio for me!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I run up to the second floor to use the bathroom every time. Course that maybe also because my kids use the downstairs bathroom 99% of the time.
  • deannajf4
    Options
    Ha, love this! I force my kids to walk to and from school everyday, even today when it was only 19 degrees out this morning. Do this while pushing the double stroller with a 3 yr old, 11 month old, and 2 older kids back packs. When we get to school we make a lap around school grounds, then say our good byes. My older kids have now given up asking if we can drive. It's 40 extra minutes of cardio for me!

The double stroller - that'll do it for ya!! Those things are beasts! I always feel like a train when I'm pushing it around...although it is amazing what you can get done with wheels isn't it?! Good one!
  • deannajf4
    Options
    I run up to the second floor to use the bathroom every time. Course that maybe also because my kids use the downstairs bathroom 99% of the time.

LOVE THIS - going to start doing the same today!! Does it do double whammy and work your kegels by having to wait that extra bit of time!?
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ha! I do squats to pick things up off the floor too!

Most days I have dance competitions with my daughter for exercise - those "Just Dance" games are brilliant. I've also begun teaching her how to do pushups, since I fully intend to get her into martial arts with me when she's got enough discipline to stand still during class. (She's 3. We have a little while still. ;)

And have you ever noticed how amazing a workout it is to go out and rake leaves or mow the lawn with a push mower? I cannot WAIT for spring!
  • deannajf4
    Options
    Ha! I do squats to pick things up off the floor too!

Most days I have dance competitions with my daughter for exercise - those "Just Dance" games are brilliant. I've also begun teaching her how to do pushups, since I fully intend to get her into martial arts with me when she's got enough discipline to stand still during class. (She's 3. We have a little while still. ;)

And have you ever noticed how amazing a workout it is to go out and rake leaves or mow the lawn with a push mower? I cannot WAIT for spring!

Why wait for spring?! I get the kids geared up with snow suits and put the baby in the stroller and shovel the driveway!! That works too!!