100 pounds lost, now what?

Options
Hello! I'm hoping to find friends that have lost close to 100 pounds or more and still have weight to lose. I'm also curious to know if anyone had a period of difficulty around this time? I just reached my 100 pound lost goal last week and it seems like I have been having commitment and focus issues ever since. My "ideal" goal is to lose another 50 pounds so I don't want to do anything to get too off track but at the same time I feel like I need a break or something. Any insight would be appreciated.

Replies

• RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I guess no one can relate... ????
  • butterflies2323
    Options
    no, ive lost 50 total, most prior to MFP. I have 70 lbs left to go. feel free to add
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Perhaps eat at maintenance for a few weeks to give yourself a break and then go again with renewed committment? And CONGRATS on the 100lb loss so far!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. I'm not in the same place, but if you feel like you need a break, why not take a set amount of time and just eat at maintenance? Better to consciously decide to take a break and maintain your progress than get frustrated and go backwards.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have lost 116 pounds so far. I still have about 61 to lose. I did lose my motivation a little bit, but I seem to have gotten it back. I never started eating badly again or anything, but I did slack off a bit on exercising. I have been EXTREMELY frustrated because I lost really steadily for a LONG time and then I hit a giant plateau, which I am trying to get past. But I am commited to doing this, and am just going to keep plugging along!!

Maybe just take a bit of a break, not let go completely. But maybe take a little break from logging while still trying to make good food choices? I don't know, I was scared to do it because I was scared I would just stop. You have to decide what will work for you. I have just chosen to keep pushing through it, and seem to have got my motivation back. I am hoping the weight loss is picking up again too!
  • tenniskad2
    Options
    I think that now you feel less urgent about your weight. You are getting noticed, complimented, and you are losing focus on losing weight. Start looking at it as you are trying to get to your best Health ever! Then you have a broader goal in mind -- if you need to lose 50 more lbs.. then you are still considered "obese" which sucks. You want to get healthy, and stay healthy, you are at a point where you know what to do...change how you are thinking, "I want to lose weight" start thinking, I want to gain the best health I have ever had.... I hope this helps.... I am challenged everyday as well.. but living longer, being healthy and knowing I look good is my main focus.. :)
    :smile:
  • eggfooyumyum
    eggfooyumyum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss, that's an AMAZING accomplishment!!

What about setting some fitness goals? Like a half marathon? Or dance classes? Or becoming a Zumba instructor?
  • S_Delbridge
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I lost a total of 119 so far and really am aiming for 8-12 more but seem to be stuck because like someone said up top, Im getting noticed and have lost focus a bit. I will send you a request maybe we can help motivate each other!!? I do not gym everyday anymore due to working more hours but still eat within my calories if I have not burnt anything! Good Luckk!! The One tip I have found helpful is ... Try some new foods... switch up your exercises and add a few extra calories (:
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely relate. I have lost 127 pounds and have 20+ to lose...it's been such an up and down journey and it most def. isn't becoming easier with time...I have pretty much figured it won't ever be easy. Feel free to add me..love knowing those who can relate.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    IKR?!
  • slh577
    slh577 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm down 87 pounds over the last year and feel the same way. I don't really see that change... and when people tell me how good I look, I always respond with .... I have so much further to go.... Cause that is how I feel. I hate all the loose skin...

I was sure I'd be happier at this stage. I do feel better physically -- 175 pounds is better than 260 was, but it's still frusterating!

Hang in there!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    What is it you need a "break" from? Eating healthy and exercise is a new permanent way of life from me. I wont ever need a break, unless i take a break to slip back to being fat and unhealthy again, which isn't gonna happen. For me, my weight loss journey is a permanent lifestyle change. When i get to goal, i might change up what i'm eating, my macros, calorie levels or my exercise slightly to accomplish other goals with my body, but as far as taking a break, that wont ever happen. I intend to always be conscious about what i'm eating and the health of my body.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer considered obese, I'm only about 25 pounds overweight, my goal weight is below that though because I don't want to bounce around hovering right at "technically overweight". I've been overweight/obese for about 10 years and I'm sick of it so I don't want to just stop when I'm technically not "overweight"

So glad to hear that my feelings are common and that you guys can relate. I feel better this morning than I have the last few days so maybe I got it out of my system. Thanks to everyone who commented. I will definitely be adding you guys!
  • Hey OP, you worked off the entire weight of a fifth grader.

If you need a piece of cake, go get you a piece of cake and maintain for a while before jumping into it to shed another toddler.
    By your before and after on your profile, you look healthy and confident. Good for you!

Maybe what you should do, is treat yourself with something big. It's not everyday that someone loses a ten year old off their body. If I lost 100 pounds, I'd go on vacation and buy an awesome dress and feel no shame in then buying myself a piece of cake.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I hope I will be able to relate to you in the future. This is my third day on the site and love it. I am 5 foot 8 inch and my top weight is just a few pounds short of 300 pounds, yes I do have a large frame but way to big for my frame. Three days ago when started this site I was at 283.5 and now I am 280.3. My goal is to lose around 120 pounds myself, be somewhere around 160 and then see from there. You are a role model to me, friend request sent :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!