I did it! I ran...

ScarletTarah
ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
only for 4 mins at first then 1 min. then another 1 min. but I ran on the treadmill, I have never been able to, but today I decided to give it a try just to see and I did it, and I even purposely put myself between two good runners on the treadmill as motivation instead of going across the room out of embarrassment, I think this new mindset is also key to me for wieghtloss I push all my fears aside and go for it.

Replies

• kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    confidence!!! you can do it! its all in the attitude. I'm really seeing this proven day after day.
    good for you! wonderful job! keep it up!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    AWESOME! You are so brave! Remember, bravery isn't having no fear (that's insanity) it is overcoming your fear and still doing what needs to be done.

Don't worry about what is going on around you. focus on you, and how awesome it is that you are running...at your pace...for how long YOU can run. You don;t have to be fast to be a runner, you just have to run.

Google C25K (Couch to 5K) even if you never plan to race. Also Jeff Galloway. either of those programs for beginners having you running and walking...to build your endurance and to help your joints get used to the stress and pounding you are starting to apply.

Good luck, and make sure you let us know how your progress is going...:):):)
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    That's wonderful. Great job.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Have you heard of Couch25k? You should check it out! I promise you'll be running before you know it!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

There is a wonderful iPhone/iPod touch app for it as well if you have one.

Great job on running today!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    That's awesome! Congrats! When I first started running on the treadmill, the longest I could go was 1:30 so congrats on your 4 minutes!!! A couple weeks ago, I did 5 minutes straight but didn't run for awhile so I'm back down to about 2 minutes per go. Keep up the good work!!! I love running stories :)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Great job! Watch out, though, you might get addicted to running! :)
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Running IS Very addictive. But make sure to properly stretch afterwards to keep those muscles in check! Great Job!!
This discussion has been closed.