Ways to burn calories without going to the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Amazes me how many people are just offering advice rather than asking why the OP feels like they need to do 2+ hours of exercise a day and burn 1000 cals a day. Totally OTT and too aggressive.

I'm with you
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Pull ups really get my heart rate going.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    How many pounds you should lose per week depends on how heavy you are. The more you weigh, the more you can safely lose per week. Unless you're a small person, 1-2 lbs a week should be fine. If you feel deprived, or you are injuring yourself with the exercise, I would scale it back. You might want to keep in mind whether or not you can sustain spending 2 hours a day on exercise for the long haul. Often when people stop or scale back their exercise they gain back the weight. Just food for thought. Also I'd recommend some yoga dvds, some of the harder ones burn quite a few calories. I like Rodney Yee.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I run for an hour at 5mph and walk for an hour at 4mph. It burns about 700 calories everyday. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week so I need to find a way to burn 300 more calories. I have a treadmill, pull up bar, dumbbells, but that's about it. What do you guys do to workout? Do you know of any workout videos that work well?

You do realize that you burn calories just from living right? Also, unless you are obese, you can not lose 2 lbs per week. Thats way too aggressive for weight loss.

Look up basal metabolic rate. You end up burning 75% of your calories from that alone.

I've lost 2-4 pounds a week since I've started my new lifestyle of healthy eating and working out and I'm not obese. I've lost about 22 pounds in 7 weeks

I would imagine a larger portion of your losses came from muscle instead of fat. It is great to lose quickly, we would all love to lose the weight fast but personally I would like to preserve my muscle instead of getting great losses the whole time but ending up with little muslce in the end. Muscle does more for the look of your body than fat will in the end.

I will stick with what my Dr has told me and I'm doing just fine.Let me know how those assumptions if yours workout. I also know the type of workouts I do, you dont. I went from drinking a lot of coffee and no water to just water and some coffee. I also gave up alcohol as well. Not everyone has the same metabolism. Clearly mine is awesome. I don't do anything extreme either so clearly we all function differently.

I've been toned before, I know my body, you dont. I dont burn 1,000 calories a day and I eat over 1300 calories, sometimes 2,000-2200 calories a day.