Bloated! Ugh!

Options
I often feel bloated. Anyone have any suggestions about what I can do? What's worked for you?

Thanks

Replies

• Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am as well. Hope to see some answers to your post. I can't figure out my triggers
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well for me its hormones or salt. Hormones you can't really do much about - wait 5 days it'll get better. Salt is sneaky - it's in everything - and often in vast amounts. Try avoiding processed foods and get into reading labels. If you aim for about 1500mg of sodium per day you may find your bloating issue eases off.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    New_Jayme I just peeked at your food diary. Check out your sodium intake.
  • chozeh1
    Options
    Hello,

My first question would be ..how often are you having bowel movements? .. then do you have any issues medically with your colon and or intestines.. then if everything is ok I would suggest a coffee enema.

"People with certain conditions, such as diverticular disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, severe hemorrhoids, blood vessel disease, congestive heart failure, heart disease, severe anemia, abdominal hernia, gastrointestinal cancer, recent colon surgery, and intestinal tumors should avoid coffee enemas."

Coffee enemas have been widely used in cancer patients as well as a good detox for the liver...I do not suggest to do it often I do mine twice in one month then after that once or twice a yr. It will def get rid of the bloating feeling make you feel overall rejuvinated. You will read that it can be absorbed like drinking coffee that is not true...I am highly sensitive..I cant take certain meds..eat certain foods... wear certain material without me having some kind of reaction..I definately cannot drink coffee the caffein makes me sick..but when I do the enemas I dont have any side affects at all...there are other studies that show the absorbtion is different than drinking coffee.. Please do your research on your own because you know your body and your medical history... take precautions and prepare solution correctly..make sure the solution has cooled down and not still warm..I use the old fashion hot water bottle with all those attachments you know the ones you see at grandmas house.. they are very inexpensive and you can get them almost anywhere...

Lastly you want to do this when you can rest your body..so for instance I have fridays and sundays off work so I may do this after work on Thurs...and relax the rest of the evening..drinking only herbal teas..and then Fri continue to do least amt of heavy activity and drink smoothies...herbal teas etc to give my system a break from digesting solid foods...

In all things we are to use precaution and do your homework study this..google it..read all the research you can find

If you want to chat more on this or any questions please feel free to send me a email
  • Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sodium Intake....
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just going back 10 or so days in your diary, your sodium intake is over more than it is within the goal.
  • New_Jayme
    Options
    It was horrible today (thanks to the chinese food craving), I'm sitting here drinking water now, but I've been trying to watch it on previous days and even when I come under in sodium, I still feel the same way.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I bloat up if I have a lot of carbs too so look at that perhaps. I'm fine if I have them in a moderate amount.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Watch your sodium and increase your water intake. Increasing your water intake when you feel bloated may sound crazy, but it helps!
  • JenS2586
    Options
    sodium is a biggie. drinking more water is helpful. i find yoga helps me. i find if i am bloated and i do some yoga it completely goes away, along with back pains.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My first question would be ..how often are you having bowel movements? .. then do you have any issues medically with your colon and or intestines.. then if everything is ok I would suggest a coffee enema.

"People with certain conditions, such as diverticular disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, severe hemorrhoids, blood vessel disease, congestive heart failure, heart disease, severe anemia, abdominal hernia, gastrointestinal cancer, recent colon surgery, and intestinal tumors should avoid coffee enemas."

Coffee enemas have been widely used in cancer patients as well as a good detox for the liver...I do not suggest to do it often I do mine twice in one month then after that once or twice a yr. It will def get rid of the bloating feeling make you feel overall rejuvinated. You will read that it can be absorbed like drinking coffee that is not true...I am highly sensitive..I cant take certain meds..eat certain foods... wear certain material without me having some kind of reaction..I definately cannot drink coffee the caffein makes me sick..but when I do the enemas I dont have any side affects at all...there are other studies that show the absorbtion is different than drinking coffee.. Please do your research on your own because you know your body and your medical history... take precautions and prepare solution correctly..make sure the solution has cooled down and not still warm..I use the old fashion hot water bottle with all those attachments you know the ones you see at grandmas house.. they are very inexpensive and you can get them almost anywhere...

Lastly you want to do this when you can rest your body..so for instance I have fridays and sundays off work so I may do this after work on Thurs...and relax the rest of the evening..drinking only herbal teas..and then Fri continue to do least amt of heavy activity and drink smoothies...herbal teas etc to give my system a break from digesting solid foods...

In all things we are to use precaution and do your homework study this..google it..read all the research you can find

If you want to chat more on this or any questions please feel free to send me a email

No...this is wrong. Just say no to coffee enemas.
  • locoducky
    locoducky Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree that alot of it is probably what you are eating or habits like straw drinking or eating too fast. It could also be in medicines or supplements that you take. Aim for more water and exercise like walking when you feel bloated.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I did too until I tried a Primal plan which seems to help (I'm still very new at it.) No grains or refined sugar...my body just can't handle them :(
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Hello,

No...this is wrong. Just say no to coffee enemas.
    much rather put the coffee in the in hole.. not the out.
  • New_Jayme
    Options
    what's the primal plan?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I do the braggs vinegar trick. It seems to help me alot and it quenches thirst pretty good. You can make your own with braggs vinegar or you can get it pre bottled now.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    what's the primal plan?
    It's a paleo-diet delivery service in dade county, Florida. Hardly worth recommending something so local.

Cut down on your sodium and keep it under for at least a week. You'll basically be force to eat more whole/fresh foods in order to keep that number down. Packaged/convenient foods are just full of sodium. I've been in the same boat, and I'm not knocking the foods, but that is a side effect.

You don't have to rely on vinegar tricks or delivery-men to stop feeling bloated. Just keep a watch on what you're already eating.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of time if I am feeling bloated it's because I have eaten something I am sensitive to. I have recently discovered I have a reaction to dairy, eggs, and pork. I just did this by eliminating what I thought might be the culprit and seeing how I felt after a few days.

(JUST AS AN EXAMPLE)

I have known for quiete awhile I shouldn't be eating/ drinking any dairy products. But they are SO good. But I was feeling so awful so I decided to eliminate for a short period just to see if I noticed anything. Within a couple of days all the bloating, stomach problems, pain, migraines and even my skin started to clear up. Just from stopping milk. My body was just breaking down left, right and center because of it.

So I stopped for about a week and a half I then had a glass of milk and see how I reacted to it. ( VERY BADLY) and that was that. No more dairy for me. As I elimated one thing it got easier to see what else was bothing me because I had such a blatant reaction to milk it had been covering up all the other reactions I had to other foods.

Worth a try. If there is something that you think is making you feel less then awesome when you eat it try avoiding it for a while and then have some and really pay attention to how your body reacts. You might be suprised. A person's body will tell it amazing things if you just stop to listen.

Anyways that is my 2 cents.
  • chozeh1
    Options
    I see some posting negative comments about enemas without doing research... I would not post something that has not proven to have positive affects as well as something I have not used myself. I did think that I was free to post "my" opinions without back lash although I am fairly new to fitness pal I did not think this was a place for people to bash things their fellow fitness pals have posted..

Why when people talk about natural remedies things that will heal and help your body it causes some to run crazy especially men with a phobia of enemas because of how they are administered... doctors are giving children have bowel issues miralax which is a prescribed laxative and some will give the parents a pediatric enema solution to use for their child at home to help them go to the bathroom if having issues...having your intestines and colon blocked up can cause more harm and even death....they are now making more prescription medications that are more plant base... I took my nephew to the doctor because he had a swollen eye and looked to me as a slight infection on the lower lid which I was right..the doc not only prescribed him antibiotic eyedrops but told me to soak a tea bag blot out excess water and put it over his eye to draw out the swelling and infection...

When my oldest son who is 25 now got the chickenpox my mom sent me outside to pick catnip tea leaves and I made a tea he sipped a little ithelped to bring outthe chickenpox alot faster and he healed quicker with no marks on his skin....I always say use things with precaution because we dont know if we can be alergic to a certain herb and never let it take the place of your medical doctor..

Alot of known hospitals like johns hopskins..mayo clinic..cleveland clinic..and others have for years now adopted natural remedies to go hand inhand with their medical knowledge and prescriptions..

Sorry Jayme but just wanted to respond to the remarks made from my post...
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I see some posting negative comments about enemas without doing research... I would not post something that has not proven to have positive affects as well as something I have not used myself. I did think that I was free to post "my" opinions without back lash although I am fairly new to fitness pal I did not think this was a place for people to bash things their fellow fitness pals have posted..
    post whatever you want about shoving coffee up your butt, but that shouldn't ever be the first go-to response.

bloated? coffee up the butt.
    tired? coffee up the butt.

why not look back through her diary, see if anything looks odd and go from there.

....or... you could spend another half hour defending coffee up the butt.

The first line of defense doesn't have to be herbal or homeopathic remedies. Do hospitals and medical professionals prescribe enemas? Sure. Do they also look at other options? Absolutely. The first step to "I'm bloating" shouldn't be "coffee up the butt."